Power's Pond had very little activity

Frank KING

Oct 7, 2015, 6:43:42 PM10/7/15
Power's Pond had very little bird activity. Two white Domestic Geese were swimming with the 30 Mallards and 5 American Black Duck. There were 3 Herring Gulls off by themselves.

The lower pond ( where many of the waterfowl hang out during the winter months) has a very large water fountain and not a single duck.

Bhill

Oct 7, 2015, 7:23:37 PM10/7/15
On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 8:13:42 PM UTC-2:30, Frank KING wrote:
> Power's Pond had very little bird activity. Two white Domestic Geese were swimming with the 30 Mallards and 5 American Black Duck. There were 3 Herring Gulls off by themselves.
>
> The lower pond ( where many of the waterfowl hang out during the winter months) has a very large water fountain and not a single duck.

Frank: what time were you there? I was up there about 11:15 today and there were over 50 ducks by the lower pond, they are always there. Few were in the water but mainly gathered on the lower bank waiting for hand-outs. There were about another 50 in the upper pond. Along the trails there were a number of the usual robins, blue jays, crows, flickers, boreals and juncos and on the return leg there was a greater yellowlegs at the upper end of the lower pond. Brian