Two Prairie Warblers

Lisa

Oct 20, 2017, 12:11:16 PM10/20/17
Seen at Red Cliff this morning. One was heavily streaked and the other was not. These birds were with a few juncos and a couple of chickadees. Few birds seen on the trail, and the wind was quite high.

Also interesting was a Common Gull at Torbay Beach that was in an unusual moult for a 2nd winter bird. Thanks to Lancy and others who reviewed this bird for me.

lancy cheng

Oct 20, 2017, 1:03:26 PM10/20/17
Thanks to Bruce for identifying the gull. I was totally lost in its worn plumage.

Jared Clarke

Oct 20, 2017, 1:52:57 PM10/20/17
Whoops ... I actually saw (presumably) the same Common Gull in Torbay on October 9 but forgot to post it. So it's been around since at least then.

Jared