more yellowlegs

brucema...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2014, 4:43:07 PM4/14/14
Cliff Doran photographed a Greater Yellowelgs at Fanny's Pd, Trepassey today. I think of Greater Yellowlegs arriving on the Avalon Pen in the time period 20-25 April.

On St. Pierre et Miquelon a Lesser Yellowlegs was photographed on the weekend. The photos clearly confirm the ID. This was what Roger Etcheberry has to say about Lesser Yellowlegs on SPM - "The species was seen in spring here 13 years out of 40, average is May 11, earliest: April 20 (1980) and latest: May 30".

Things are happening.

B Mactavish

mpa...@mun.ca

Apr 14, 2014, 5:26:11 PM4/14/14
Brenda and I saw Cliff's GY while unsuccessfully looking for the Great Blue Heron.
The pair of Blue Winged Teal were still at St. Mary's this morning.Also there are now 30 Canada Geese in Cootes Pond.

MP