Gyrfalcon--Point Amour

Vernon Buckle

Jan 15, 2017, 8:45:04 PM1/15/17
Got some good looks and not so good photos today of a dark morph Gyrfalcon near Point Amour today. I saw one for about ten seconds at Lanse Au Clair eight days, it too being dark. Possibly the same one.

Vernon

prn...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2017, 3:50:07 PM1/17/17
16 Jan. Two dark morph, nr Englee + one white falcon at White Islands, White Bay. Many eider. Glaucous Gull, a smattering of hounds, sandpiper (Purple), eagles, ravens & caribou. Buntings at Straitsview but no ZERO ivory gull detected.
Have you seen PUSA near English PT of late Vernon?

Vernon Buckle

Jan 17, 2017, 7:05:17 PM1/17/17
I'm discovering PUSA sightings are quite the challenge here on the coast. My only two sightings were Jan 6th and mid-May of 2016. Been looking but nothing yet.

VB

prn...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2017, 5:55:39 AM1/18/17
Thanks Vern. It's a challenge to make a living between tide marks on an ice-covered coast, 6 Jan is late enough.