QV Lake

Lisa

Mar 24, 2015, 1:28:29 PM3/24/15
There is a fresh crop of Ring-billed Gulls at QV this p.m. Also, Herring Gull tagged GJ was present.

brucema...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 1:41:35 PM3/24/15
On Tuesday, 24 March 2015 14:58:29 UTC-2:30, Lisa wrote:
> There is a fresh crop of Ring-billed Gulls at QV this p.m. Also, Herring Gull tagged GJ was present.

How many fresh spring adult Ring-billed Gulls? There were none there early this morning. This is the time when the first spring arriving Ring-billed Gulls should get to St. John's.

BM

Lisa

Mar 24, 2015, 2:14:23 PM3/24/15
I saw four clean-headed RB gulls with bright yellow legs.

brucema...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 2:37:34 PM3/24/15
that would be official spring arrivals!!

Howard Clase

Mar 25, 2015, 6:49:11 AM3/25/15
On Tuesday, 24 March 2015 14:58:29 UTC-2:30, Lisa wrote:
> There is a fresh crop of Ring-billed Gulls at QV this p.m. Also, Herring Gull tagged GJ was present.

I had a look around 4.45 yesterday. Only about half a dozen Black-headed when I got there, but around 400 arrived in the next 10 min. Almost all Herrings except for 3-4 Greater Black Backs, 1 Lesser BB, and only one 1st winter Iceland. No Ring-bills that I could see. Head of Lake only.

Huge numbers of Greater Scaup and Tufted Ducks - but I didn't attempt to count them - at least 50 of each

Dave Fifield

Mar 31, 2015, 8:02:16 AM3/31/15
Sorry for the slow reply...

I checked our records at CWS and Herring Gull GJ was banded by me on 2 Mar 2003. Based on measurements it is clearly a male.

Cheers,
Dave