Spring ?? American Robin @ Mundy Pond

brucema...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2015, 12:09:26 PM3/30/15
Today at lunch I encountered a robin in the trees at the back of Mundy Pond. Its snappy calls, sitting brightly at the tip of a tree and then the way it flew briskly, high and fast northward over the pond sure made it feel like a spring arrival.

There are general SW winds and clear skies all the way to the New England States now and NB and NS have just had a good influx of basic early spring migrants so I'd be willing to bet Paul Linegar's binoculars that this was a bona fide spring migrant. I know that is a pretty weak bet.

B Mactavish

PS there was also one adult Ring-billed Gull at Mundy Pond.

pdli...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2015, 7:06:55 PM3/30/15

Had a nice fresh Robin singing away in the back yard this morning.

Paul