Bellevue Beach Aug 29th

Andrea Dicks

Aug 29, 2015, 5:27:40 PM8/29/15
Lancy accompanied me on my first trip out to Bellevue Beach today. We only had to make one u-turn! We are both directionally challenged which makes for some interesting trips!

Anyway, we plunked ourselves on the sand and watched dozens of shorebirds skitter around us for 3 hrs. It was awesome! We saw what was already reported by others -
semi plovers,
semi sandpipers
sanderlings
short-billed dowitchers
dunlin
black-bellied plovers
red knots
Bonaparte gulls
Black-headed gulls
Common terns
Osprey
Merlin
Eagles

The only thing to add would be a whimbrel who appeared about an hour into the adventure.

Sadly, no fancy terns but we did get to hear Dave Hawkins tell some Red Knot jokes that were so terrible they were actually funny!

A good day for shore birds:-)

LC
AD