European Golden Plovers

Shawn

Apr 22, 2018, 8:59:52 PM4/22/18
Harry White has just posted two photos on FB of two seperate European Golden Plovers at 2 Dungeon Road in Bonivista. I presume that the photos were taken today and are posted in Newfoundland Birdwatching FB Group

Shawn

hwn...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2018, 4:22:56 PM4/24/18
Yes Shawn, the pictures of the European golden plovers was taken on Sunday, Apr. 22 /2018. I was walking toward a Snowy Owl when the 2 plovers landed about 50 feet from me.

burton...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2018, 5:39:09 PM4/24/18
We spent about 4 hours today trolling the Dungeon Road, stopping and scanning but did not see the plovers.
We did see 2 Snowy Owls off in the distance along the road and the feathery remains of what must have been a Snowy.
6 Horned Larks on the road.
It was not a very birdy day.
Also, one Snowy Owl in Maberly

An interesting tidbit:
While at the Dungeon 5 young men showed up in a vehicle with out of province license plates. They walked around the rim of the dungeon and then proceeded to scramble down one side to the bottom. Hmmmm I thought, you are going to find it much more difficult to climb back up. Silly me. They skittered up that steep slope like mountain goats. I had vertigo just looking at them! Oh to be young and fearless!

Diane B
Pauline D

Shawn

Apr 24, 2018, 6:03:19 PM4/24/18
WOW!!! I think I'd have liked to see the photos of that cliff climbing more than the Euro Plovers!

Shawn