Sept 23-29 offshore list - landbirds

brucema...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2016, 5:39:05 PM9/29/16
I have been on a supply boat on standby for Hibernia 325 km east of Cape Race for a week now. Land birds prefer the large cement base of Hibernia but will visit my boat. Was close enough to identify passerines on the Hibernia base on just 23 Sept.

The List
Peregrine Falcon - 1
Merlin - 1 ate Leach's Storm-Petrel and Semi Sandpiper on our boat, present 4 days
Northern Harrier - 1 sailed on eastward
American Pipit - 2-4
Yellow Warbler - 1
Tennessee Warbler - 1
Nashville Warbler - 1
Common Yellowthroat - 2
Ovenbird - 1
HOODED WARBLER 1 male on 23 Sept
Savannah Sparrow - 1-2
Swamp Sparrow - 1
White-throated Sparrow - 1
Dark-eyed Junco - 2
Baltimore Oriole - 1
Snow Bunting - 10 (9 in on flock on back deck this morning)

Semipalmated Plover - 2
Semipalmated Sandpiper - 2
Ruddy Turnstone - 1
shorebird sp - a few on base of Hibernia to far to ID.

Black-headed Gull - 1 adult (sort of a landbird)

B Mactavish (out here tonight - winds forecasted to be 45 knots North by dawn)