Burton's Pond - Tuesday afternoon.

58 vues

Howard Clase

non lue,
16 avr. 2014, 20:07:2816/04/2014
Yesterday afternoon at about 4.00 p.m. I walked across to the MUN library passing Burton's Pond on the way. There were about 20 diving ducks - all Tufted as far as I could see, but I wouldn't have been able to distinguish a Ring-billed on the far side without binos. Also an adult ring-billed Gull with what I think must have been an orange tag at the bend of its left wing - quite large, a couple of inches across. (Whatever it was it didn't seem to interfere with flight.) Then, somewhat to my surprise, I discovered two pairs of American Wigeon feeding on the grass amongst the pigeons quite undisturbed by people walking along the nearby paths.

On my way back half an hour or so later the divers were still there, but the wigeon an R-b Gull had gone.

Sorry to be a bit late posting this.
0 nouveau message