Re: Digest for newyorkmoon@googlegroups.com - 3 Messages in 1 Topic

Blaine Davis

Jun 6, 2012, 9:14:09 PM6/6/12
to newyo...@googlegroups.com

I think that's a good point Rose, but by doing an espionage centric moon, you could address that.

I also think that photos without the subject's consent could be an interesting brainstorm, since so many photos are taken without even implied consent. You can pretty much take a photo of anything you can see while standing on public land, and I believe also when you have permission to be on private land. I wonder if rear window images could be conflicting with peeping tom legal issues. That said, espionage doesn't always care about the law.

Espionage via Google street view and Google earth? Although I think that real life spy photos would be more compelling visually.

-from my phone-

On Jun 6, 2012 5:01 AM, <newyo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/newyorkmoon/topics

    PK <pete....@gmail.com> Jun 05 01:57PM -0400

    how does everyone in this group define "espionage"

    it ultimately works towards death and self-preservation... not as
    lighthearted and innocuous as pop culture conveys and history books
    withhold.

    Rose Fox <ro...@tocotox.net> Jun 05 03:36PM -0400

    I find the idea of an espionage-themed issue really disturbing,
    especially when one of the first items proposed is taking photos of
    people without their consent. Spying, of any kind, isn't funny or
    cool.

    --Rose

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group newyorkmoon.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

Rose Fox

Jun 7, 2012, 3:53:28 AM6/7/12
to newyo...@googlegroups.com

I was talking about ethics, not the law, but that doesn't seem to interest anyone else here. Too bad. Moon seems like a generally interesting project but I'm really bothered by the way this particular topic is being addressed. I hope you will all reconsider.

Unsubscribing now, so cc me if you want me to see any replies.

--Rose

Bradley Hope

Jun 7, 2012, 4:01:16 AM6/7/12
to newyo...@googlegroups.com
The Moon has no moral compass, indeed. Farewell, Rose!

Bradley Hope

The National - Cairo Correspondent

Mobile +20-1111-041-701

Fax +20-235-365-685