Do we have a correspondent in Oregon?

Bradley Hope

May 1, 2009, 6:57:31 AM5/1/09
to newyo...@googlegroups.com
Our theme for the end of the summer is around gardens.

One piece that we would very much like to assign is a profile of the
self pronounced "Arborsmith"
http://www.arborsmith.com/bio.html

He is literally growing a boat over a period of years by guiding the
growth of several trees.

Does anyone know anyone we can get to go over to meet him and take pictures?

Bradley

Anna Holder

May 1, 2009, 7:02:20 AM5/1/09
to newyo...@googlegroups.com
hi there, I'm not in Oregon, but have a few London garden projects to write about, including wildflowers on a social housing estate funded by money normally spent on weedkiller, and an emerging project to set up a herbal/medical garden, where people can pick and buy their own herbs to make remedies...

The tree-boat sounds amazing though!

Anna

Eric Kohn

May 1, 2009, 8:58:16 AM5/1/09
to newyo...@googlegroups.com
I have a friend who goes to Reed College and might know some journalism students out there who are interested.

E.
--
Eric Kohn
(917) 734 - 1189

Matt L. Hackett

May 1, 2009, 11:20:36 AM5/1/09
to newyo...@googlegroups.com
I'm from Oregon, and going back in a couple weeks (to Portland) for a weekend. I'd be happy to do this, except for the fact that unfortunately Williams is at least a 5 hour drive from Portland, in one of the several ass-backwards part of the state...

Peter K

May 1, 2009, 11:48:57 AM5/1/09
to newyo...@googlegroups.com
i have a filmmaker friend who lives in Portland.  How about instead of photos and organized alphabets, video?  Nature, biology, earth, self-sustainability, these topics are right up her alley. I can email her and see if she interested filming the tree-smith.
--
apply yourself to converting your experience to the highest advantage of others

http://soundcloud.com/piedra-de-sol