Police-Community Event - Sat. August 22nd 11a-2p @ Hayek's Market

Chief M Richards

Aug 19, 2015, 4:47:21 PM8/19/15
to newt...@googlegroups.com

The Newton Police Department will host

CWC_Badge_Dark_CMYK

shirtpatchCoffee Cone with a Cop!

Saturday August 22nd - 11 AM to 2 PM

Hayek’s Market & Ice Cream Parlor

1 Mill Street Newton

Opportunity to meet local officers and discuss community issues

Specially trained Officers will also be available

to inspect/install your child safety seats!

On Saturday August 22, 2015 from 11 am to 2 pm, officers from the Newton Police Department and community members will come together to informally discuss community issues and build relationships.  All community members are invited to attend.  The event will be held at Hayek’s Market, 1 Mill Street Newton.

Coffee with a Cop events have provided a great opportunity for community members to meet with Officers, ask questions and learn more about the department’s work in Newton.  Summer is a great time to meet at Hayek’s Market & Ice Cream Parlor, so we decided to change this event to Cone with a Cop.  Participants will receive a free small ice cream cone or cup.  We hope to be able to meet some families that couldn’t make it to our past Coffee with a Cop events that were held in the morning.

Most contacts law enforcement Officers have with the public happen during emergencies or emotional situations.  We recognize that those situations are not always the best time for relaxed discussion and building relationships in the community.  We encourage residents to stop by, ask questions, bring concerns and simply get to know your hometown officers.

Coffee with a Cop is a national initiative supported by The United States Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.  Similar events are being held across the country, as local police departments strive to make lasting connections with the communities they serve. Please check our website www.NewtonPolice.org and social media for future events.

For more info, please contact Sgt. Frank Philhower or Chief Mike Richards

Police Headquarters (973) 383-2525.

CWC_Secondary_CMYK

Cone with a Cop 2015.png