regarding Partial functions...

robert

Sep 19, 2015, 10:39:32 PM9/19/15
to newspeak...@googlegroups.com
Does NS' have partial functions? In thinking about what the broadcast
event system looks like in NS', if you've one, partial functions are
total sweetness. Can we pattern match by type?

best
Robert

Gilad Bracha

Sep 19, 2015, 11:05:03 PM9/19/15
to newspeak...@googlegroups.com
There was an experimental extension that supported pattern matching, but it only worked in the Squeak version. Implementing it on top of other systems like JS or Dart seems iffy, and we seem to live happily without it.

As for partial functions. it is easy to role your own; the language does not support them.

robert

Sep 19, 2015, 11:09:06 PM9/19/15
to newspeak...@googlegroups.com
Alright, thank you for the information. I'll bookmark it for later./

Does NS' use an event system?