Changes in the latest Newspeak Spec?

Stefan Marr

Jun 17, 2016, 9:08:02 AM6/17/16
to Newspeak Programming Language
Hi:

I just noticed that there is a new spec with version 0.096 from April this year.
I didn't see a change log or something similar.

Did any details change that might have an impact on implementations?

Thanks
Stefan

Gilad Bracha

Jun 17, 2016, 1:05:24 PM6/17/16
to Newspeak Programming Language
Hi Stefan,

There are no substantive changes, except that thisContext is not a reserved word anymore. All the other changes are non-normative - updating the status of features that are implemented or not etc.

Stefan Marr

Jun 17, 2016, 4:37:40 PM6/17/16
to Newspeak Programming Language
Hi Gilad:

On Friday, June 17, 2016 at 7:05:24 PM UTC+2, Gilad Bracha wrote:
There are no substantive changes, except that thisContext is not a reserved word anymore. All the other changes are non-normative - updating the status of features that are implemented or not etc.

Ok, good to know.

Thanks
Stefan