New release

Gál Zsolt

Jan 14, 2016, 8:12:38 AM1/14/16
to Newspeak Programming Language
Hi,

Newspeak is a good work!
When will be the new release?

Cheers,
Gal Zsolt
(~ CalmoSoft ~)

Gilad Bracha

Jan 14, 2016, 4:55:27 PM1/14/16
to Newspeak Programming Language
Hi Gal,

I can't say when the next release will come out. It should be later this year. In the meantime I suggest you get the latest version from the bleeding edge repo.

Gál Zsolt

Jan 15, 2016, 1:56:47 AM1/15/16
to newspeak...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gilad,

How can I install the "bleeding edge"?
Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Gal Zsolt
(~ CalmoSoft ~)
--
"The best way to predict the future is
to learn and develop MySmalltalk."

Gilad Bracha

Jan 15, 2016, 7:38:18 AM1/15/16
to newspeak...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gal,

First: I assume you are not running on Windows. The bleeding edge has issues on Windows and I would not recommend it.

On that assumption:

toward the bottom is a section name dArchives, with two links:  Virtual Machines and Images.
1. Follow the Images link. Get the latest image on that page, currently in ns-2015-10-03.32.zip
The direct link is

2. Back on the downloads page, follow the Virtual Machines link which goes to http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/ .  The latest VM is at
This VM will not run your release images properly - you'll need to run it with the bleeding edge image you downloaded.

There are some rough edges in that version, which I hope to fix in not too long.

Gál Zsolt

Jan 15, 2016, 8:10:18 AM1/15/16