UCEPROTECT

poo...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2008, 11:58:00 AM3/26/08
Ok I have had a great three weeks sorting out email problems.

First of all when you get this problem nobody knows anything about it,
then when you finally send emails nobody replies either.

I finally joined http://www.emailreach.com which was good, actually
really good. I've gone from a 10 score to 3, apprently 2 is a good
score.

I've got still got a few problems to fix, one of them is this here
with UCEPROTECT.

My IP addresses are 72.167.52.118 - 72.167.52.22 and they are with Go
Daddy.

I have not been sending spam but I did receive a few bounced emails
from somebody using one of my addresses.

The website is www.pousada.com.br.

How do I go about getting off tis Blacklist, thanks........

--
Comments posted to news.admin.net-abuse.blocklisting
are solely the responsibility of their author. Please

poo...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2008, 8:42:51 AM3/27/08
Ok I will add a bit more to this, I am also getting this

· SpamAssassin Audit
-Missing blank line between message header and body
This typically indicates that a header line has had a newline inserted
incorrectly somehow, or a mailbox "From" line has
been inserted.
Remedy: Make sure your headers comply with RFC-822 and that your mail
software has not inserted an additional line.
-Failure Details
MISSING_HB_SEP

Does anybody have some advice to fix this, something in quite simple
english as I am completely stuck here.

Also I am getting this
· Norton AntiSpam 2006 Audit
This message was marked as spam by Norton AntiSpam 2006
-Review the Failure Details report below to determine failure reasons.

No idea how to fix it, any ideas?

My emails are going straight into the Yahoo junk mail as well, any
ideas on that?

On Mar 26, 12:58 pm, poo...@gmail.com wrote:
> Ok I have had a great three weeks sorting out email problems.
>
> First of all when you get this problem nobody knows anything about it,
> then when you finally send emails nobody replies either.
>

> I finally joinedhttp://www.emailreach.comwhich was good, actually

Claus v. Wolfhausen

Mar 27, 2008, 10:36:23 AM3/27/08
In article <3ce51c78-cbca-4dfe...@z38g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
poo...@gmail.com says...

>I've got still got a few problems to fix, one of them is this here
>with UCEPROTECT.
>
>My IP addresses are 72.167.52.118 - 72.167.52.22 and they are with Go
>Daddy.
>
>I have not been sending spam but I did receive a few bounced emails
>from somebody using one of my addresses.
>
>The website is www.pousada.com.br.
>
>How do I go about getting off tis Blacklist, thanks........

Your IP is at this time not in the UCEPROTECT-Blocklist nor is your
neighborhood,nor your provider.

See: http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php?ipr=72.167.52.118

If your mail bounced and you found the word UCEPROTECT there, chances
are that your mail was blocked by an UCEPROTECT-Appliance because of your
generic PTR.

It has nothing to do with listings.

Having an PTR like ip-72-167-52-118.ip.secureserver.net does not look like
someone had the intention to run a mailrelay on.

With such an PTR you will not just be blocked by UCEPROTECT-Appliances,
you can expect wide delivery problems out there.

Big providers as AOL would also not accept mail from you at this time.

See: http://postmaster.info.aol.com/guidelines/standards.html

"AOL's mail servers will not accept connections from systems that use
dynamically assigned or residential IP addresses."

So my suggestion to you is to get individual PTR's for IP's you want to
use as mailservers.

--
Claus von Wolfhausen
UCEPROTECT-Projektleitung

poo...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2008, 7:17:13 AM3/28/08
On Mar 27, 11:36 am, use-reply-to-mail...@remove-this.com (Claus v.
Wolfhausen) wrote:
> In article <3ce51c78-cbca-4dfe-9519-f1b27a30e...@z38g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
> UCEPROTECT-Projektleitunghttp://www.uceprotect.net

> --
>         Comments posted to news.admin.net-abuse.blocklisting
>         are solely the responsibility of their author.  Please
>         read the news.admin.net-abuse.blocklisting FAQ at
>        http://www.blocklisting.com/faq.htmlbefore posting.

Excellent, thanks for the advice, I'm quite new to all this, can you
please explain what a generic PTR is and the best way to fix this
problem, thanks a lot.

Herb Oxley

Mar 28, 2008, 12:50:23 PM3/28/08
poo...@gmail.com wrote:

> Excellent, thanks for the advice, I'm quite new to all this, can you
> please explain what a generic PTR is and the best way to fix this
> problem, thanks a lot.

"Generic" means when you use the "nslookup" or "dig" tool
to see what name a numeric Internet Protocol address is associated with
you get a reply like "10-20-30-40.server.example.com"
or sometimes nothing at all.
You need to contact whoever maintains your
Domain Name Service (DNS) records for your server
and have them add a custom PTR record such as
(for example only) "webserver-smtp.poohah.com "
a name which describes what the server does
with the last element the Domain it is registered to.

As SecureServer.net is run by a large DNS Registrar,
they should know exactly what you need and how to set
you up.

After your custom PTR record is set up you should allow a week
or so for it to "propagate".

This time is required for old copies of your generic
PTR to expire from some DNS server caches.

A custom PTR identifies your server as a legitimate
source of email instead of a virus-infected home PC
or a hacked Web server spewing spam.
This is a common test by many large mail systems
to weed out spam.

Either they won't accept
a SMTP session from a server with such an address
(AOL for example) or they will accept then deliver
to the SPAM or BULK folder instead of INBOX.

A "PTR record" is a Domain Name Service (DNS) record which
allows an IP address to be resolved to a host name using programs
such as "nslookup" (Name Server Lookup) or "dig" (a UNIX-family
network tool which has a Win32 version).

If you're only running a Web or FTP site, the PTR record doesn't
need to be custom-configured for people to find your site,
but if you wish to send email nowadays consider a
custom PTR record mandatory if you want your email to
be welcome at the major ISP and corporation mail servers.

Best wishes ....

--
Herb Oxley

raf.mak

Apr 1, 2008, 9:21:55 AM4/1/08
We have been listed on this blacklist for longer than the 7 days !!!

We had a problem on one of our inside NAT computers - it has been
fixed !

The problem was fixed about 14 days days ago, yet we are still
listed.

Our ip address is 80 53 35 24

We also have been listed by few others blocking lists and we have been
removed from them almost a week ago. If we would still be sending
spam ( which we don't ) we would be blocked on others as well and we
aren't !!!

What kind of tests can I do to see why we are still on this list?

Please help as we are unable to work and I don't have ability to pay
those 50 E for delisting.

Any responses would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Rafal

Claus v. Wolfhausen

Apr 1, 2008, 11:05:21 AM4/1/08
In article <f03e8880-e051-4ae7...@c19g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
raf...@gmail.com says...

>We have been listed on this blacklist for longer than the 7 days !!!
>
>We had a problem on one of our inside NAT computers - it has been
>fixed !
>
>The problem was fixed about 14 days days ago, yet we are still
>listed.
>
>Our ip address is 80 53 35 24
>
>We also have been listed by few others blocking lists and we have been
>removed from them almost a week ago. If we would still be sending
>spam ( which we don't ) we would be blocked on others as well and we
>aren't !!!
>
>What kind of tests can I do to see why we are still on this list?
>
>Please help as we are unable to work and I don't have ability to pay
>those 50 E for delisting.

>Any responses would be appreciated.

See: http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php?ipr=80.53.35.24

It isn't you that is listed at UCEPROTECT, it's your "provider".
Reason for that is that AS 5617 TPNET Polish Telecom's commercial IP network
seems to believe, the internet was made for spamming.

They also seem to believe that "no one" would use Boycottlists of extreme
spammy providers as UCEPROTECT-Level 3, but they have no clue of it's
accuracy.

According to AL Iverson's stats there were no false positives within the last
13 weeks for UCEPROTECT-Level 3 but it catched up 37,3 to 47,8% extra spam.

See here: http://stats.dnsbl.com/uce3.html

That translates to me as:
Those 300 + providers listed in our Level 3 were responsible for
37,3 to 47,8% of all global spam, but no or less than 0,0X % real mail
came from their ranges within the last 13 weeks.

As long as TTNET thinks others will tolerate to be flooded by 40000+ spambots
per 7 days there will be no chance for them to expire from Level 3.

--
Claus von Wolfhausen
UCEPROTECT-Projektleitung
http://www.uceprotect.net

phil-new...@ipal.net

Apr 2, 2008, 7:37:02 AM4/2/08
On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:21:55 GMT raf.mak <raf...@gmail.com> wrote:

| We have been listed on this blacklist for longer than the 7 days !!!
|
| We had a problem on one of our inside NAT computers - it has been
| fixed !

What problem was that?

| The problem was fixed about 14 days days ago, yet we are still
| listed.

What problem was that?

| Our ip address is 80 53 35 24

Oh dear. This is TPNET. Bad! Bad! Bad! Not just that, but with TPNET's
own domain name in reverse DNS, and generic, too. This one is in three
different private lists here and won't ever come out (well, at least not
until 7 years after TPNET cleans up). If it's in my private lists, it's
probably in a lot of others, too. TPNET has been spamming me for years
and never, even, responded to complaints (back many years ago when spam
complaints were common practice and at least some ISPs actually acted on
them before being listed).

| We also have been listed by few others blocking lists and we have been
| removed from them almost a week ago. If we would still be sending
| spam ( which we don't ) we would be blocked on others as well and we
| aren't !!!
|
| What kind of tests can I do to see why we are still on this list?

You need to switch to another provider to get around the many private
lists that are likely affecting you.

| Please help as we are unable to work and I don't have ability to pay
| those 50 E for delisting.

You need to switch to another provider.

| first name lower case at ipal.net / spamtrap-200...@ipal.net |

raf.mak

Apr 2, 2008, 11:31:40 PM4/2/08
On Apr 1, 5:05 pm, use-reply-to-mail...@remove-this.com (Claus v.
Wolfhausen) wrote:
> In article <f03e8880-e051-4ae7-9e68-b7d64e71a...@c19g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> raf....@gmail.com says...
> UCEPROTECT-Projektleitunghttp://www.uceprotect.net

> --
> Comments posted to news.admin.net-abuse.blocklisting
> are solely the responsibility of their author. Please
> read the news.admin.net-abuse.blocklisting FAQ at
> http://www.blocklisting.com/faq.htmlbefore posting.

But we are listed in level 1 in UCE not only on lvl-3 ?

Is there a possiblility to be removed from uce lvl1 exept paing for
it ?

We are really trying to have our ip/subnet to be clean as much as
possible but as long as we are listed in lvl-1 big part of our
customers block our e-mails !

I know that TP is beeing permanetly blocked - but in few months time
we are unable to change our Internet provider.

raf.mak

Apr 3, 2008, 11:12:27 AM4/3/08

OK - in meantime we have been removed from lvl-1 ...
So its not revbelat anymore - thx for info

phil-new...@ipal.net

Apr 3, 2008, 1:25:44 PM4/3/08
On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 03:31:40 GMT raf.mak <raf...@gmail.com> wrote:

| But we are listed in level 1 in UCE not only on lvl-3 ?
|
| Is there a possiblility to be removed from uce lvl1 exept paing for
| it ?
|
| We are really trying to have our ip/subnet to be clean as much as
| possible but as long as we are listed in lvl-1 big part of our
| customers block our e-mails !

Ask your customers to whitelist your IP address and/or your domain
(if you can get the IP to be reverse DNS identified with your domain)
and/or your email address.

I still believe that ultimately, email will move to a model where all of
the net is blocked or quarantined, and acceptable parts of it will be
whitelisted. I'm actually working on building a whitelist now, which I
am considering offering to others under a DNSWL type access.

| I know that TP is beeing permanetly blocked - but in few months time
| we are unable to change our Internet provider.

Why is that? Stop paying TP. Pay another provider instead. When TP asks
for money tell them they offered their "service" under false information.
That is, they failed to properly inform you before you contracted them to
as a provider that their network was readily unacceptable to a large part
of the internet.

| first name lower case at ipal.net / spamtrap-200...@ipal.net |

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz

Apr 4, 2008, 10:47:54 AM4/4/08
In <fstm6n$kli$1...@ulm.shuttle.de>, on 04/01/2008
at 03:05 PM, use-reply-...@remove-this.com (Claus v. Wolfhausen)
said:

>As long as TTNET

TPNET and TTNET are unrelated AFAIK, except for both being spam sources.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, truly insane Spews puppet
<http://patriot.net/~shmuel>

I reserve the right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive
E-mail. Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact
me. Do not reply to spam...@library.lspace.org