Problem with magnitude of currents

Emerson Carmona Rojas

May 3, 2018, 2:46:23 PM5/3/18
to Neural Ensemble
I am using your module to load *.abf (Axon) data into Python to further process them. I used an older version, but now I am using the last version in your web page. I know maybe this is a silly question, but when I load my data, the magnitude of the currents is altered in comparison with the original one. This did not happen before. First, the sign of the currents is changed (I visualized in Clampfit as positive values, but they are loaded as negative currents). Additionally, the magnitude of the currents changed (I am not sure in what factor, but it is around 2 or 2.5 higher). I really do not know what is happening. Maybe it is related with my gain or configuration of the software during adquisition?
Please, I will really appreciate any help.

Samuel Garcia

May 3, 2018, 3:59:15 PM5/3/18
to neurale...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
I made a patch recently to fix a similar problem in the new version of AxonIO.
It is not in last release (0.6.1) but it is already merge in master.
Could you try an installation from github (branch master) here : https://github.com/NeuralEnsemble/python-neo

Use this:

pip uninstall neo
git clone https://github.com/NeuralEnsemble/python-neo.git
cd python-neo
python setup.py develop

best

Samuel

Le 03/05/2018 à 20:46, Emerson Carmona Rojas a écrit :
I am using your module to load *.abf (Axon) data into Python to further process them. I used an older version, but now I am using the last version in your web page. I know maybe this is a silly question, but when I load my data, the magnitude of the currents is altered in comparison with the original one. This did not happen before. First, the sign of the currents is changed (I visualized in Clampfit as positive values, but they are loaded as negative currents). Additionally, the magnitude of the currents changed (I am not sure in what factor, but it is around 2 or 2.5 higher). I really do not know what is happening. Maybe it is related with my gain or configuration of the software during adquisition?
Please, I will really appreciate any help.

Emerson Carmona Rojas

May 3, 2018, 6:18:52 PM5/3/18
to Neural Ensemble
I did it, but there were no change at all.
I have been trying to understand the problem. The loaded data is changed its sign and multiplied by around 3.05 (?).

Emerson Carmona Rojas

May 5, 2018, 12:01:04 AM5/5/18
to Neural Ensemble
I followed your advice, but it does not work.
I have been studying the problem, and I know the problem it is not produced with all files. If I load the original file, everything works perfect, but when I load the same file that I had filtered and saved using Clampfit, the magnitude and sign of the current change...

Samuel Garcia

May 14, 2018, 3:50:20 AM5/14/18
to neurale...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
this is annoying.

Could you open an Issue on github ?
So we will be able to trace this problem ?

best

Samuel

Emerson Carmona Rojas

May 14, 2018, 11:30:49 AM5/14/18
to neurale...@googlegroups.com
I did it! And I attached one of the files with the problem.
Thanks for your help!

Emerson Carmona Rojas
Bioquímico
Doctorado en Ciencias mención Biofísica y Biología Computacional
Centro Interdisplinario de Neurociencias de Valparaíso
Universidad de Valparaíso
Teléfono: (32)2508190