neo and .abf

Maja K

Sep 12, 2012, 10:02:33 AM9/12/12
to neurale...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am using neo to read my .abf data files - it works without any problem if the data is saved in the gap free mode, but if it is saved in oscilloscope mode the block has no segments and therefore I cannot extract the data.

I am using commands:

    reader = neo.io.AxonIO(filename=fname)
    block = reader.read_block()

block.segments is empty
reader.read() gives the same results.

Is there another way I can access this data?

All the best and thank you in advance for your help,
Maja

Samuel Garcia

Sep 12, 2012, 10:34:03 AM9/12/12
to neurale...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am the author of AxonIO.

Could you send the file via http ?

If the file is small enough (<10Mo), would you be agree if I put this
file on server with public read but private write.
neo.test() download them for testing.

Samuel

Le 12/09/2012 16:02, Maja K a �crit :
> --

Samuel Garcia
Lyon Neuroscience
CNRS - UMR5292 - INSERM U1028 - Universite Claude Bernard LYON 1
Equipe R et D
50, avenue Tony Garnier
69366 LYON Cedex 07
FRANCE
T�l : 04 37 28 74 24
Fax : 04 37 28 76 01
http://olfac.univ-lyon1.fr/unite/equipe-07/
http://neuralensemble.org/trac/OpenElectrophy

P Mullen

Aug 24, 2017, 8:38:14 AM8/24/17
to Neural Ensemble
Hi Samuel,

I think I am experiencing a similar problem to Maja. The problem is empty segments in the block of my abf file (contains sweeps of ephys recordings).  I was wondering if you had solved Maja's issue already, any help is greatly appreciated :) I'm using python 3 with anaconda and installed neo via pip

This is my code:

import neo

r= neo.io.AxonIO(
filename="test2.abf")
bl= r.read_block(
lazy=False, cascade=True)
print(bl)
print(bl.segments)
print(bl.channel_indexes)
print(neo.io.AxonIO.readable_objects)

Which produces:

<neo.core.block.Block object at 0x0000000005855A20>

[]

[]

[<class 'neo.core.block.Block'>]

I’ve tried saving the abf file as floating point, integer and as older abf versions but problem persists,

Thanks,

PIerce

Samuel Garcia

Aug 24, 2017, 9:10:14 AM8/24/17
to neurale...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am not able to find  patch or issue on github about that.

Can you open issue on github and send me teh file please ?

Samuel
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to neuralensembl...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/neuralensemble.