a new group??? (net.singles.js)

Chuqui

Jan 26, 1985, 9:23:51 PM1/26/85
In article <2...@wdl1.UUCP> j...@wdl1.UUCP writes:

> What we need is a "squelch" command, as with the CompuServ CB Simulator.
>One types "squelch <username>", and thereafter one never sees anything from
><username>. This only affects one's own reading; it has no global impact.

The 'rn' program does this: adding a string to the kill file that says

/chu...@nsc.UUCP/h:j will cause all messages from me to go away
permanently. Won't help notes users, but if your site doesn't support rn
you ought to loudly scream at your admin for it. It makes readnews and
vnews look like primitive things, which they are.

chuq
--
From the ministry of silly talks: Chuq Von Rospach
{allegra,cbosgd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!chuqui nsc!chu...@decwrl.ARPA

God is a trademark of AT&T Bell Labs
---
National Semiconductor does not require useless disclaimers on posted
material that is obviously not posted by company spokesmen...