Darth Vader = Good Guy

cwruecmp!honton

Dec 9, 1982, 5:17:43 AM12/9/82
Its good to see that many people are taking my suggestion that
Darth is a good guy seriously. However, I no longer believe in
the clone theory.

There are two good reasons why it is colon (short for colonial.):

First, the classic theme of independent, hardworking good guys
being threatened by the heavy evil central government makes good
watching.

Second, the two Star Wars films we have seen before, ( and previous
films by Lucas,) are fantasy. Not hard Science Fiction, but Fantasy.
Clones do not make good fantasy. How do you explain this stuff to the
general population?

Still, the turn around of Darth to a good guy, now that's fantasy!

chas
(..!decvax!cwruecmp!honton)

wjh12!mjl

Dec 11, 1982, 1:42:38 AM12/11/82
I'm afraid I still have one very good reason to believe it's "Clone Wars"
instead of the increasingly popular "Colon Wars". In the original novelization
of Star Wars, the term "Clone Wars" is used quite frequently. Yes, I know
novelizations are generally completely different from the films on which
they are based, and this one is no exception. But this one was written by
George Lucas himself. Sorry, all you Colon fans...

Matt Landau
...mhuxi!wjh12!mjl
...linus!wjh12!mjl
...genradbolton!wjh12!mjl

wjh12!clp

Dec 11, 1982, 2:02:07 AM12/11/82
Come on everyone... didn't Lucas say "...remember the CLONE wars..." in that
interview?!? This is a decidable debate...
Charles Perkins
...mhuxi!wjh12!clp