Legitimate TESB cassettes

m...@rayssd.uucp

Jul 18, 1984, 8:02:23 AM7/18/84

I just read in the August issue of Video Review that The Empire
Strikes Back will make its appearance on videocassette this fall. To
quote:

CBS/Fox will offer the movie for around $80 or $90
per cassette -- close to twice what Paramount charges
for Raiders of the Lost Ark.
...CBS/Fox...had to bid high to get the video rights
to the movie and are passing on that cost.

We had to wait about 6 years for A New Hope to get from the theater
to cable. It seems the gap hasn't narrowed that much for TESB to make its
way to cable -- maybe 5 years. (Though it wasn't stated that cable would
get it, cable companies usually do get a movie a few months after the movie
is released on cassette.) Bummer.

Joe Barone, {allegra, decvax!brunix, ccieng5}!rayssd!m1b
Raytheon Co, Submarine Signal Div., Portsmouth, RI

j...@ritcv.uucp

Jul 19, 1984, 8:39:23 PM7/19/84
I read in Video magazine that George Lucas finally gave in when they offered
him $10,000,000!

Jim Heliotis
{allegra,seismo}!rochester!ritcv!jeh
rocksvax!ritcv!jeh