Can we use to deploy ASP.Net webform on Owin ? can Owin is capable of executing dynamic ASP.Net webforms ?

Muhammad Asadullah

Mar 18, 2015, 8:54:29 PM3/18/15
to net-http-a...@googlegroups.com
Can we use to deploy ASP.Net webform on Owin  ? can Owin is capable of executing dynamic ASP.Net webforms ?

Damian Hickey

Mar 18, 2015, 11:59:36 PM3/18/15
to net-http-a...@googlegroups.com

No. And it never will. WebFoms is dead, move on from it.

Gabriel Andres Brancolini

Jun 6, 2015, 3:20:52 AM6/6/15

El miércoles, 18 de marzo de 2015, 21:54:29 (UTC-3), Muhammad Asadullah escribió:
Can we use to deploy ASP.Net webform on Owin  ? can Owin is capable of executing dynamic ASP.Net webforms ?

Well, actually Owin does not use the webform login mechanism itself, but if you mean to use a Membership ... well, you can follow this link

Damian Hickey

Jun 6, 2015, 7:38:16 AM6/6/15
to net-http-a...@googlegroups.com

Just to be a little pedantic, owin, the specification, doesn't have anything regarding security, authentication etc.

You can host owin component in the aspnet pipeline (see Microsoft.Hosting.SystemWeb), but not the other way around.

As to how well they actually integrate is a different thing. That is, I don't know if its possible to read a auth cookie in aspnet that was set in an owin middleware.

Gramoz Krasniqi

Aug 19, 2015, 12:56:36 PM8/19/15
to OWIN working group
Owin is just a interface specification so a better way of asking would be if ASP.NET 5 that is based on OWIN will it allow you to use WebForms. And the answer to that is that it is not available and thats a good thing. You should concentrate on learning MVC.