State and Future of repos in the owin organization on GitHub

Ryan Riley

May 24, 2014, 11:32:04 AM5/24/14
to net-http-a...@googlegroups.com
The owin organization on GitHub contains a number of repositories about which I know very little in terms of their current state or future plans. These include:
  • gate
  • owin-hosting
  • owin-samples
  • owin-sandbox
I recall that many of these eventually found their way into Katana, either in conceptual or concrete form. Do we still want to maintain these projects? Should we decommission them? I don't think anyone expects us to maintain them. Some could be re-purposed to show how OWIN is intended to be used.

Thoughts?

Ryan

Mark Rendle

May 24, 2014, 1:20:38 PM5/24/14
to net-http-a...@googlegroups.com
I'd suggest decommissioning everything except samples. Gate became Katana, hosting became the Katana hosting bits, and sandbox was full of broken toys and cat poop.

Mark Rendle
Founder, Zudio

Sebastien Lambla

May 27, 2014, 9:40:42 AM5/27/14
to net-http-a...@googlegroups.com
+1

Damian Hickey

scott...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2014, 11:14:31 AM6/12/14
to net-http-a...@googlegroups.com
Ok, cool. We've renamed the old repos and switched the OWIN and OWIN.github.com repos around. The idea being the OWIN repo will hold the spec, extensions, and governance documents and the OWIN.github.io repo holds the site.