Wild Oakland Presents... What's happening at Knowland Park?

Constance Taylor

Aug 18, 2015, 2:50:18 AM8/18/15
to nerdhe...@googlegroups.com, nerdsfo...@googlegroups.com
Wild Oakland Presents... What's happening at Knowland Park?

Where: Knowland Park (Event page here)
When: Saturday, August 29, 10 am - 12 pm
Cost: Free!

Have you heard about Knowland Park? It's Oakland's largest public open space and the city's best kept secret! Rare maritime chaparral and native grasslands alongside coastal scrub and oak woodlands weave together in an ecosystem of spectacular diversity.

Friends of Knowland Park are fighting to save this land from imminent destruction by the Oakland Zoo. Come to the walk to learn about the amazing native plants and animals that live here, what's at stake, and how you can help! For more information, visit www.saveknowland.org

We'll Meet at the Cameron Avenue entrance, a cul-de-sac off of Malcolm Avenue that dead-ends at the park. It’s fine to park on the street or any of the other nearby 1-block cul-de-sacs that are on the south side of the park.

No need to RSVP- just show up! For more info, visit the event page here.

Best,
Constance Taylor

www.wildoakland.org
Phone: 614 622 0180

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands."
- Douglas Adams