CA Center for Natural History: A look at the Marine Invertebrates of Lake Merritt

Constance Taylor

Sep 15, 2015, 12:09:19 AM9/15/15
to nerdhe...@googlegroups.com, nerdsfo...@googlegroups.com

Beneath the Surface: A Look at the Marine Invertebrates of Lake Merritt

Where: Meet at the Lake Merritt Boating Center

568 Bellevue Ave, Oakland, CA 94610

When: September 19, 2-4 pm

Cost: FREE! $5-10 suggested donation.

Come explore with the California Center for Natural History! Get a look at the part of Lake Merritt you might be unfamiliar with- the tiny critters beneath the lake's surface that make up a pivotal part of the food web! Because of the close proximity to Oakland's shipping port, we'll find organisms from around the world. You can expect to see bizarre sea squirts, astonishing polychaetes, cuddly sponges, and a surprising variety of mollusks and bivalves. Bring sun block, drinking water, & your camera.

Please RSVP to ccnh...@gmail.com if you intend to come.

--
Best,
Constance Taylor

www.wildoakland.org
Phone: 614 622 0180

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands."
- Douglas Adams