Wild Oakland Presents... Urban Wildlife Survival Guide

Constance Taylor

Jul 15, 2015, 10:54:22 PM7/15/15
to nerdhe...@googlegroups.com, nerdsfo...@googlegroups.com
Wild Oakland Presents... Urban Wildlife Survival Guide

When: Saturday, July 25 from 12-2 pm
Where: Meet in front of Children's Fairyland (699 Bellevue Ave, Oakland, CA 94610)
Cost: Free! $5-10 suggested donation.

Have you ever wondered where the raccoon who raids your trashcan at night spends its days? How about those skunks you smell around? Join Lila Talcott-Travis, director of Yggdrasil Urban Wildlife Rescue, as she clues us in on how non-human mammals survive in Oakland.

Learning about the natural history of mammals like opossums, squirrels, deer, and of course, raccoons and skunks gives us insight into where, why, and how these animals live in the city. Turn the next urban wildlife encounter you have into a fantastic field-observation experience!

We'll meet in front of the Children's Fairyland entrance on Saturday, July 25 at 12 pm. Bring drinking water, comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, and a hat.

For questions, e-mail in...@wildoakland.org.  See you there!

--
Best,
Constance Taylor

cons...@wildoakland.org
www.wildoakland.org

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands."
- Douglas Adams