Dalibor Farny's Pandicon!

jb-electronics

May 14, 2015, 8:20:32 AM5/14/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

probably some of you already saw it, but take a look at this beast:
https://www.facebook.com/daliborfarnycom/posts/1083775681652368

Dalibor is working on a Pandicon design! Amazing stuff!!!

Cheers
Jens

gregebert

May 14, 2015, 11:42:17 AM5/14/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Note the digits are stacked vertically, rather than horizontally. I suspect this is because side-by-side mounting would require larger and thicker glasswork, which is considerably more difficult.

I'm in awe of the work I've seen from Dalibor; really looking forward to seeing his video.

jb-electronics

May 14, 2015, 11:44:00 AM5/14/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I noticed; but I presume it is just an experimental step towards bigger and more complicated designs. At any rate, it is already the biggest Nixie tube ever made (when it comes to volume of neon)!

Cheers
Jens

Am 14.05.2015 um 17:42 schrieb gregebert:
Note the digits are stacked vertically, rather than horizontally. I suspect this is because side-by-side mounting would require larger and thicker glasswork, which is considerably more difficult.

I'm in awe of the work I've seen from Dalibor; really looking forward to seeing his video.

MichaelB

May 14, 2015, 8:19:06 PM5/14/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Wow! I too continue to be truly amazed by this man's work! I am looking forward to building a couple of clocks using his rejuvenated 568.