PCBWay board house

Terry S

Mar 10, 2015, 10:27:09 AM3/10/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone tried PCBWay? The prices look unbeatable, cheaper than OSHPark. I can't quite figure out if shipping from China is actually free.

Terry

Spencer

Mar 10, 2015, 10:55:38 AM3/10/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Thats the primary PCB fab house I use and I love them. The one thing I really like about them is that it has a status tracker, you can see which step in the process the boards are in (Routing, silkscreening, etching, etc.)

On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 9:27 AM, 'Terry S' via neonixie-l <neoni...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Has anyone tried PCBWay? The prices look unbeatable, cheaper than OSHPark. I can't quite figure out if shipping from China is actually free.

Terry

Terry S

Mar 10, 2015, 11:06:15 AM3/10/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com, upnxw...@yahoo.com
Is standard shipping free?

Nick

Mar 10, 2015, 11:07:11 AM3/10/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Grief, that's cheap.

So simple to order too - I just looked up the price for 4-layer Eurocards with immersion gold & black coating - 5 boards about 120 USD, Nuts.

What's the quality like? Silk screen & drilling registration etc.?

Nick

Terry S

Mar 10, 2015, 11:09:17 AM3/10/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Nick, the 75mm x 50mm boards I priced (2 layer HASL lead) came out to about $1.30 each. Crazy cheap.
Terry

On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 10:07:11 AM UTC-5, Nick wrote:
Grief, that's cheap.

So simple to order too - I just looked up the price for 4-layer Eurocards with immersion gold & black coating - 5 boards about 130 USD, Nuts.

Spencer W

Mar 10, 2015, 11:16:58 AM3/10/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I've always paid for DHL shipping, which is $38 and takes 3 days to get to my house in the United States from China.

I don't push tolerances but these vias are 0.889mm with the drill size of 0.508mm.

20150310_101602_resized.jpg

threeneurons

Mar 10, 2015, 12:24:25 PM3/10/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com, upnxw...@yahoo.com

I'll keep that under my hat ! I've been dealing with board houses, since the 80's. Due to some of the disasters, mostly in the 80's, I've experienced, I'm always a bit gun-shy about using a new PCB fab. Good to hear, that you got good results. I got real good at zapping away shorts, on internal layers, back then.

gregebert

Mar 10, 2015, 12:40:15 PM3/10/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I'll give PCBWay a try for my next board, due out in a few months, and let you know how it turns out.

As a reference-point, my nixie-watch PCB is 4-layer with 8mil design rules, 0.8mm thick, 8cm x 11cm.
My vendor (Sky Electronics) has done outstanding work on my past 3 PCBs. They charged 200 USD for 10 boards, PCBWay quoted $99 online.

BTW, my watch in not 8xm x 11cm; that's the debug board. For the actual wristwatch I cut-out the display & CPLD boards, then stack them. The design is finished and debugged; I'm on the last step now: building the case.