TI Launchpad free shipping

Steven Donaldson

Jan 16, 2017, 9:07:52 AM1/16/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
MSP430's have been discussed several times on this forum, I received an email saying the Launchpad and BoosterPack modules (TI 430's equivalent to Arduino and shields) are available with free standard shipping from the TI store through January 22.  https://store.ti.com

No affiliation, I just use them at work and like them a lot.

Cheers,
Steve

Nick

Jan 21, 2017, 6:58:13 AM1/21/17
to neonixie-l
Just to add, as of now, TI are no longer charging for any of their development environments, including all compilers etc. i.e. Full function license keys for all previous and current versions are now available for free.

If you have CCS 4, 5 or 6 installed, you can now download a free full license file from http://software-dl.ti.com/ccs/esd/licenseadmin/ccslicense.zip . The new version, CCS 7, has a full license by default.

See http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Download_CCS for the V7 (and all previous versions) download.

Cheers

Nick

NeonJohn

Jan 21, 2017, 10:24:01 AM1/21/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
SUPER!!!

Reaffirms my decision to change from Microchip/Atmel to TI.

Way to go TI!
--
John DeArmond
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN

Nick

Jan 21, 2017, 10:59:22 AM1/21/17
to neonixie-l
Yep, I love them.

However, they are vastly more complex & subtle than the simple AVRs and PICs...

I'm currently working on a project using the MSP430FR5969 in ultra-low-power mode - a CR2032 will power this thing for 2 years...

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, has to be carefully considered - a simple slip and suddenly you've "only" got 1 year, not two...

Mind you, the power analysis, the EnergyTrace++ stuff that's built into the Launchpads, is insanely useful - I can see on an instruction level where uWatts are going. Bonkers.

Nick