15 digit madness

Nicholas Stock

Jul 2, 2018, 7:12:32 PM7/2/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I was recently given the rather cool opportunity to put some ZM1000 tubes to good use in an unusual clock....

This is a design by Mitch Feig called the Metronome...build is straightforward and it's rather spectacular to see all 15 digits lit up at once...

Next up, a nice case to present this in....

Cheers,

Nick

IMG_2925.jpg

Michail Wilson

Jul 2, 2018, 8:09:55 PM7/2/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Is that to display the US National Debt?   (wink)

Michail

image001.jpg

gregebert

Jul 2, 2018, 9:34:08 PM7/2/18
to neonixie-l
Curious what you display with 15 digits

I super-sized my IN-18 clock; at 14 digits it displays date and time in MM:DD:YYYY  HH:MM:SS format
The thing is so wide there aren't many places it will fit in the house.

Mitch

Jul 3, 2018, 7:38:14 AM7/3/18
to neonixie-l
The Metronome is a clock in Union Square, NYC. Here's the explanation:

It is a faithful reproduction of the display, just adding date, temperature, and scrolling.

Mitch