OK, Shoot me for Tube Abuse!

Roddy Scott

Jan 25, 2018, 4:57:49 AM1/25/18
to neonixie-l
I have had this tube kicking around for a couple of years and decided it was time to feature in a clock as that is what I bought it for in the first place.

It is a CHATHAM JAN CAHG 3B28 audio half wave rectifier and I always intended to have it illuminated from the base. In order to do so meant snapping off the draw tube to make room for the LEDs. The Nixies are ITT & STC GN-4s with IN-17s for the seconds display powered by a PV Electronics DINK kit. A couple of bits of brass to tart up the Lichtenberg etched Iroko casing and a section from a Sky satellite dish to make the rear cover that allows the glow of the show LEDs to mimic valves inside the casing.
Am & PM functions are displayed by the LEDs in green and blue

newxito

Jan 25, 2018, 6:37:44 AM1/25/18
to neonixie-l
Beautiful clock!