We have also just made a nixie tube watch.

Yang Zhang

Dec 29, 2018, 2:16:39 AM12/29/18
to neonixie-l
Hello everyone and happy new year!

I, although not exactly new in the group, have never previously posted here in the past. But today I have something excited to share with all of you, couple friends and I have just launched a Kickstarter campaign for the watch we designed.

We named the watch VULCAN. This watch is inspired by 80s LED watches. It contains two 5870 tubes. We are able to make the watch case size 47x44x16.5mm and it will take any 22mm watch strap. Watch case is built with 316L stainless steel with PVD coating, with a sapphire crystal which has an anti-fingerprint and anti-glare coating. We are also able to create a watch with no flickering under a camera, and it has a couple of transition animations. The watch uses a 200mah lipo battery that lasts about a month before needing to be charged, and it charges with Qi standard wireless charger. The watch is made with a 5ATM water resistance standard, which means any water splashed on the watch, as long as it was for a short duration, will not damage the watch. We decided to use a rotary encoder connected to a crown for interaction, just like an analog watch.

Here we have some videos for the water resistance:

and for difference animations:

Since not everyone here likes a commercial post, I will not be posting the Kickstarter link here.

Thanks for the awesome community, and feel free to ask questions. we will try our best to answer them as much as we could.

IMG_7936.jpg

IMG_7883.jpg

launch (1).png