NOTICE: Files section for the group...

Nick

Mar 28, 2017, 2:01:05 AM3/28/17
to neonixie-l
There is now a files section (on Google Drive) dedicated to this group - initially it has been populated with the contents of the old Yahoo! neonixie-l group - 591 files/80Mb in total.

The URL is in the group's Welcome Message on the home page and is repeated here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzH-L4OXjfbRYTRHU01jcDk1c3c?usp=sharing

Members of this group have READ access to the whole repository and WRITE access only to the TEMP folder. I'm doing this to see how the process pans out - it will require refinement.

You can place files in the TEMP folder for a couple of weeks - if they are still there after that, the moderators will remove them.

If you want a file moved elsewhere in the tree, please ask a moderator (post a message to that effect).

The way the Google Drive works is a bit unusual - everyone has their own private "view" of the file system - you can "delete" a file even if you only have READ access, but it will only remove that file from your personal view - everyone else will still see it. Moderators can delete files permanently as well as create directories & move files.

Please do not abuse this facility - it's for neonixie-l members and only for data relevant to this group.

Finally, this is a first stab/a work in progress. We'd welcome suggestions for improvement. Please contribute!

Cheers

Nick

jb-electronics

Mar 28, 2017, 2:06:36 AM3/28/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for getting this on the way, Nick! Jens