Info on Datatime clocks?

atomicthumbs

Apr 11, 2015, 2:57:29 PM4/11/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I have here a Datatime Jupiter electromechanical digital clock. It says "Special Edition" on the bottom, with a serial number 01-1024.

I was wondering if anyone has more info on the clock, or on Datatime in general. I can't find much information on these on the internet.

Also, if anyone's got a source on Sperry SM-752 or compatible Panaflex displays, the minute display seems to have some sort of deposit blocking visibility of the digits.
KloTJoXh.jpg

Kerry Borgne

Apr 14, 2015, 12:19:53 PM4/14/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Is it the same as an SP-752?

If so, there are two on Ebay...though pricey..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BECKMAN-SP-752-USPP-SP752-/231139268359

Terry S

Apr 14, 2015, 2:28:01 PM4/14/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Every once in a while, a DataTime nixie tube clock shows up on fleabay. They are electromechanical, with a complex set of gears driving limit switches to select the tube digits. They have a complete set of indicators for all the world time zones as well. I believe that as you adjust the time zone selector, the hour digits change.

Being driven by a standard AC clock motor, they are probably nicely accurate.

Those always seem to be labeled "Special Edition" as well. I've bid on them a dozen times and have yet to win one.

Now with your clock, I've seen 3 variants of DataTime clocks.

Terry

Nick

Apr 15, 2015, 4:52:45 AM4/15/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Photos?

Nick

Terry S

Apr 16, 2015, 4:05:48 PM4/16/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Attached.

On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 3:52:45 AM UTC-5, Nick wrote:
Photos?

Nick
$_57[1].jpg