IEE Nimo on eb*y, Nixie and Dekatron collections

mjrippe

Oct 23, 2015, 6:12:39 PM10/23/15
to neonixie-l
Mine, just thought some of you might NOT have a saved search for these rare tubes.  Comes with circuit boards & sockets.  Search for IEE Nimo, it's the only one. :-)

Been thinking of selling off my dekatron and nixie collections as well, nothing ultra-rare but some nice pieces.  In the Nixie realm I focused on letter and symbol tubes.  If you are in the market for such things let me know.

m j r i p p e (AT) g m a i l DOT nospam c o m

Kyle Jones

Oct 23, 2015, 6:30:08 PM10/23/15
to neonixie-l
If I thought for a second that Id have the money needed to buy that i'd try, but alas, estate sales of old lab scientists from Sandia and Los Alamos are going to be my only chance...

Michael Seaton

Oct 24, 2015, 11:35:26 AM10/24/15
to neonixie-l
I'd be interested in larger nixie tubes (>= 20 mm) or maybe uncommon ones.  I have enough dekatrons and medium sized nixies though.  PM me what you have and/or pricing info.

Thanks,

Michael

Nick

Oct 25, 2015, 4:15:39 PM10/25/15
to neonixie-l
Interesting auction, mainly because it has two of the extremely rare sockets for these tubes.

I have quite a few of these - about 40 NIB in total - they are rare now but weren't a few years back. I'm not sure what the original cost was, but they must have been an expensive tube as they are extremely complex internally...

It'll be interesting to see what these finally go for...

Nick

Kyle Jones

Oct 25, 2015, 9:22:51 PM10/25/15
to neonixie-l
It'll sell for about $250-350 if it goes by the 'normal' prices on there. Sets of 4 typically sell for around $1200. Since it's a loner it might not go for as much but it won't be cheap any way you look at it.

gregebert

Oct 25, 2015, 11:34:28 PM10/25/15
to neonixie-l
Nick - Have you made a clock or something else with your NIMOs ?

The datasheet mentions a 10,000 hr lifetime, so that limits how much you can run them.

Nick

Oct 26, 2015, 12:37:52 PM10/26/15
to neonixie-l
On Monday, 26 October 2015 03:34:28 UTC, gregebert wrote:
Nick - Have you made a clock or something else with your NIMOs ?

Nope - I have a huge number of tubes waiting for projects, but the main focus of what little time I have in the workshop is on valve amplifiers and restoring vintage radios (working on a nice 1920's crystal set atm). Also doing some research into exotic PSU for pentode screens and DHTs...

So the NIMOs (three different types) are in their original packing - some in boxes, some in bulk packing...

They won't "go off" any time soon...

Nick