Comercial posts

Manuel Azevedo

May 16, 2018, 9:41:14 AM5/16/18
to neonixie-l
Hi guys,

This discussion started in the Facebook page for Nixie clocks:

  • Should commercial posts be banned from the forum?

I'm asking the same question here - I know I'm new here and I've made some posts regarding my device in the past. I'm no pro, but still, I'm selling and making publicity for my device.

So far I haven't received any negative reaction from the community. I try not to post regularly, but I believe some would be happy these posts don't exist at all.

My questions to the group are:

  • Should commercial posts be banned?
  • If not banned, should a code of conduct exist?

I'd like to hear from you all.

Regards,

Manuel Azevedo

Joe Croft

May 16, 2018, 11:36:08 AM5/16/18
to neonixie-l
My vote is no! There are very few of them and many of them are interesting. If someone abuses the priviledge, then maybe they should be restricted, but not the group as a whole.

-joe

neonixie-l

May 16, 2018, 11:41:24 AM5/16/18
to neonixie-l
The moderators take a pragmatic view - if we feel that a post is generally helpful and on topic, that's fine.

Restraint is the key here - Yuri is an example of someone who gets it right - he posts infrequently and generally on just the one thread...

Nick

Nicholas Stock

May 16, 2018, 11:44:06 AM5/16/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I’m all for intermittent commercial posts here, it’s a great way to find something of interest and relevance to the hobby. As long as it’s not overbearing in frequency, then thumbs up!

(Pharma) Nick

Sent from my iPhone

Dylan Distasio

jb-electronics

May 16, 2018, 1:21:58 PM5/16/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I agree as well. I don't think we have a problem with these kind of posts as of yet. Jens

alb.001 alb.001

May 16, 2018, 2:10:10 PM5/16/18
to neonixie-l

I don't mind an occasional post - say once monthly at most seems fine to me.  Many of the newbies would like to be aware of newer devices and products.   How about a post that your site is updated with new ideas or products and a link that takes us there. The moderators could keep watch that any individual is not taking advantage of this should be fair to all.

Best of luck Phil