Opened another box...

Kerry Borgne

Mar 26, 2015, 6:48:04 PM3/26/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

 And found this little guy..... Cleaned the range switch and it too works. Pretty accurate when checked against my new(er) digital multimeter. Think this is going to live on my bench and go back to work....

Terry S

Mar 27, 2015, 9:10:48 AM3/27/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
That's what I like to see! Vintage test equipment in use. Almost all my equipment are relics.

Terry

Instrument Resources of America

Mar 27, 2015, 10:54:28 AM3/27/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Some of those 'RELICS' were pretty nice pieces of equipment.  I probably still have around 4000 (four thousand) of those old relics, and some newer in my warehouse. If anyone is looking for something, contact me off the reflector at IRACO...@hughes.net and let me know what you're looking for, as I need to empty out his warehouse. I'm a relic too I guess, semi retired now. I worked with all kinds of test equipment for the last forty years as the way I made my living.   Ira.

IRACOSALES.vcf

threeneurons

Mar 30, 2015, 12:51:36 PM3/30/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
All of my "bench" equipment was made before I graduated high school (1977). Only some of my handheld meters are relatively current, and most are cheap Chinese stuff. I have a bunch of Harbor Freight DVMs, that I simply lose.

Good to see that old meter back in action !

Dan Harboe Burer

Mar 31, 2015, 7:35:08 AM3/31/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

In line with the “Opened another box..” thread I decided to show all of You a pic of my humble collection of Things With Nixies (and a few other gadgets)..
Most of the instruments are in working order Smiley

Dan
wlEmoticon-smile[1].png
NixieMuseum.JPG

Nick

Mar 31, 2015, 8:40:16 AM3/31/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hey ! In the box of stuff down on the bottom right, is that the "IBM Clock Thingy" I sent you a while back? The one with the uniselectors and magic modules wrapped in yellow tape?

Did you ever get it to work? I do have some spare NIB uniselectors for that...

Cheers

Nick

Dan Harboe Burer

Mar 31, 2015, 8:45:34 AM3/31/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that’s the one! :)
I have studied the clock innards and those “black boxes” ..I haven’t gotten further than considering to replace all electrolytic caps and try to slowly power it up with a variac .

Maybe here during my easter holdiday I should dig in to it.

Cheers,
Dan

Instrument Resources of America

Apr 1, 2015, 7:46:17 PM4/1/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
And a very nice bunch of Nixie things and gadgets it is.  Ira.
IRACOSALES.vcf