Round Panaplex Display on Ebay

Roddy Scott

Oct 17, 2017, 6:02:53 PM10/17/17
to neonixie-l
Novelty item for a collector or a serious clock build?

Robert L

Oct 17, 2017, 6:34:19 PM10/17/17
to neonixie-l
To, From, cross indicator...

Looks like a VOR display... found this...

gregebert

Oct 17, 2017, 7:21:46 PM10/17/17
to neonixie-l
If there was more than 1 available, I would have bought a few. I just feel it's too risky to put a lot of time into a project when I dont even know if the gizmo even works, how long it will last, etc.

Someone bought it, hopefully from this group, so please share pics when you get it running.

MichaelS

Oct 17, 2017, 8:24:58 PM10/17/17
to neonixie-l
Meh.  These come up for sale every few months, perhaps as old equipment is decommissioned.

Novel display though.

Tidak Ada

Oct 18, 2017, 4:28:25 AM10/18/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

That’s  an aircraft display for compass, horizon, bearing, etc.

eric

SWISSNIXIE - Jonathan F.

Oct 19, 2017, 12:15:48 PM10/19/17
to neonixie-l
I own one of these :)

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!search/Panaplex/neonixie-l/BtVUWKwvDL4

Its definitly a VOR indicator from a plane, but sadly my searches in pilot forums and flight forums did not bring up info about the device it was used in. The seller did tell me he doesnt know either, but i guess he felt insecure that i was looking after the devices to salvage displays myself.

Maybe these were custom makes or prototypes, but mine was for sure used in a devive becaus of glass wear and glue residue.

I tried a little around with it, but know its just part of my collection :).