black box from Czech Republic

newxito

Jan 20, 2017, 4:58:42 AM1/20/17
to neonixie-l

Yesterday I got a really nice black box from the Czech Republic, serial numbers around 1300.

I’m looking forward to build my second clock, I will try to do it better this time, with a PCB, time sync over NTP and a browser based clock configuration.

For this project I also need to dramatically improve my skills as a case builder :-)

Terry S

Jan 20, 2017, 1:43:50 PM1/20/17
to neonixie-l
And what is this black box?

Nicholas Stock

Jan 20, 2017, 1:46:54 PM1/20/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I'd wager it's full of Dalibor's tubes...;-)

gregebert

Jan 20, 2017, 3:33:26 PM1/20/17
to neonixie-l
1300 of them......truly amazing. I hope Dalibor is finally making a profit on his hard work.

In case any of you missed it, this is a must-see video of Dalibor's nixie production

Dekatron42

Jan 20, 2017, 3:41:17 PM1/20/17
to neonixie-l

Dalibor

Jan 21, 2017, 11:33:54 AM1/21/17
to neonixie-l
Guys, I've been making profit since beginning - my wonderful job is the profit! What better stuff can one trade for money? ;-) Seriously, we finally got to black numbers in 2016, using all the profit for improving the processes here and development of new things!

Dalibor

Terry S

Jan 21, 2017, 3:51:22 PM1/21/17
to neonixie-l
Congratulations Dalibor. I hope you build a Nixie Empire.... and part of that should be CD47s and Pandicons! Good luck.

Terry

Nicholas Stock

Jan 21, 2017, 3:58:15 PM1/21/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I'll second the CD47's....bigger is better! :-)

Sent from my iPhone

Dalibor Farný

Jan 21, 2017, 4:08:42 PM1/21/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
6-tube clock with CD47.. but where to place such a beast? ;-) I had a problem to find a place for clock with current tubes ;-)
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "neonixie-l" group.

Dwayne Johnson

Jan 21, 2017, 4:10:39 PM1/21/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
You worry about building them and we will worry about where to display them! :)
DJ
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/CA%2BnkT5pAkjRkS%2BZ2nvw0xgmJRdBFLPMBK1aU%2BOWx_enGEuXfQw%40mail.gmail.com.

Terry S

Jan 21, 2017, 4:14:19 PM1/21/17
to neonixie-l
I would find room, trust me.
Terry

Mike Harrison

Jan 21, 2017, 4:21:22 PM1/21/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
If you were to go bigger, you'd have to make them slightly bigger than the CD47, so you could claim the "biggest ever nixie" headline, which would be good for free publicity!

(Sent from phone.)

Nicholas Stock

Jan 21, 2017, 4:21:53 PM1/21/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Like others have said, I'd make room!! That would be a beast of a clock and would probably light a room quite nicely...:-)

Nick

Sent from my iPhone

jb-electronics

Jan 21, 2017, 4:27:23 PM1/21/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Well, there is also the LD-738, somewhat of a mythical creature that is rumored to have been even more of a beast than the CD47. Unfortunately only a few prototypes were ever made... Jens

Jeff Walton

Jan 21, 2017, 5:27:54 PM1/21/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I have room for a clock with really large tubes...   I mean,  I'll make room!

Jeff

Jan 22, 2017, 3:31:59 PM1/22/17
to neonixie-l
Wow. Didn't know about those CD47s. Still saving my pennies for a Zen clock.

Dalibor Farný

Jan 22, 2017, 3:45:20 PM1/22/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Just to make it clear - one day, I would like to develop a big tube like CD47. We currently produce only the R|Z568M tubes (which makes our little team really bussy), the only new tube in development is the colon tube for Zen clocks.

Best,

Dalibor