ZM1000 Nixie clock schematic?

franetic

Nov 2, 2015, 4:53:12 PM11/2/15
to neonixie-l
Hi to all!

Ten years ago I build a clock with ZM1000 nixies and posted a few photos of it in the old Yahoo neonixie group. I recently decided to revive the project: http://betatronics.blogspot.com
The thing is: I have lost the schematic file for this clock. (Loss of data and no backup, of course...) I do however remember posting a link to the schematic in the old neonixie group. (I checked - a dead link now...) So this is a very long shot: Is any of the former group members still here, who has downloaded that schematic, and still has it?

Best,
Damir

alb...@sympatico.ca

Nov 2, 2015, 7:07:27 PM11/2/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Damir.. any chance of buying a kit less Nixies - I have lots of ZM1000's new.
Thanks Phil

Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 13:53:12 -0800
From: fran...@gmail.com
To: neoni...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [neonixie-l] ZM1000 Nixie clock schematic?

Marcin Adamski

Nov 2, 2015, 8:23:24 PM11/2/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Damir,
would it be this one (in the attachment)?
Cheers, Marcin
NixieClkZM1000.zip

franetic

Nov 3, 2015, 12:20:42 AM11/3/15
to neonixie-l
Hi Marcin,
Nope, that's the Eagle PCB file, what I'd like to find is the Eagle schematic - SCH extension. I'd like to make them both available in my blog post.

Phil, probably I won't be selling kits. The sockets are probably harder to obtain than ZM1000s themselves. I have counted the original ZM1000 sockets I have and I ordered 25 sets (top+bottom) of those custom-cut aluminum plates. So I'll build those 25 clocks by myself, use a few as gifts, and sell the rest on eBay and/or etsy. (Also, it is a pain to build: top plate cutouts for sockets are cut to very tight tolerances; I actually have to use the top plate as a template to solder the sockets.)

Best, Damir

Jens Grabner

Nov 3, 2015, 4:05:51 AM11/3/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
It is possible, that this is the answer:

> Marcin Adamski <marcin.r...@gmail.com> hat am 3. November 2015 um 02:23 geschrieben:

franetic

Nov 4, 2015, 12:43:22 AM11/4/15
to neonixie-l, je...@grabner-online.org
Thanks JensG, did not know that. I'll still consider it as a last resort only. I do not need the schematic anymore (I do not intend to develop this clock any further.), I just thought it would be nice to make it available on my blog.

Best,
Damir