The number of the beast tube

Paul Andrews

Aug 18, 2017, 4:27:35 PM8/18/17
to neonixie-l

Terry S

Aug 18, 2017, 4:44:06 PM8/18/17
to neonixie-l
Awesome!

gregebert

Aug 18, 2017, 4:59:40 PM8/18/17
to neonixie-l
About 100 years ago, there was a batch of 100 misprinted postage stamps in the US (the 'inverted Jenny'). The few that still exist have sold for unbelievable prices; recently one went for over $1 million.

Somehow, I dont see nixie freaks-of-nature hitting that price, but I'm sure there is someone out there who simply has to have it.

It would look interesting to rapidly cycle the cathodes in various patterns.

Tomasz Kowalczyk

Aug 19, 2017, 2:36:45 AM8/19/17
to neonixie-l
A demonic style clock crowned with this tube constantly cycling at 10Hz rate (so each digit lights once a second) from front to back. That would look interesting.
Personally, I don't get the "collector" thing. It's nice to have something unique, but if you're not willing to use it, it is just another thing taking up space. I'd buy a trurly rare tube only to resell it.
Not so recently I've visited one market, on which I found some fine grid IN-1s and some uncommon nixies (mostly American, very rare in post-soviet country) for ~3$ each, the price was okay, but having 1-2 tubes of each type is pointless unless I make a Frankensteins Monster clock.

I spent my money on other gems that day, NOS TESLA gold grid, gold pin E88CC for 5$ each.