B-54364 NIXIE display tube

Bill Notfaded

Apr 26, 2019, 8:43:55 PM4/26/19
to neonixie-l
Today I received some new tubes that are different and I couldn't find any datasheet for them. They are Burroughs nixie B-54364

They also say
6918 H16R above
Burroughs nixie B-54364

Counting counter clockwise from the gap they are pinned this way:

1-nc
2-nc
3-anode
4-Hz on right
5-S on right
6-nc
7-nc base
8-nc
9-greek micro symbol
10-n
11-m
12-G
13-K
14-nc
15-M
16-nc

9 through 15 symbol is on left

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JBExTW2tLFSfckGw7

Hopefully you can see that video link.

Bill

Bill Notfaded

Apr 26, 2019, 9:03:28 PM4/26/19
to neonixie-l
If you can see the video sorry my pixel phone makes it look brighter than it is... The cathodes really look clear and classic nixie.  I wanted you to get the idea about this two sided tube because I couldn't find anything online about them.

Bill Notfaded

Apr 26, 2019, 9:23:46 PM4/26/19
to neonixie-l
Here's the youtube link
https://youtu.be/BRIyuLljRXM

Mac Doktor

Apr 26, 2019, 10:18:05 PM4/26/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

> On Apr 26, 2019, at 8:43 PM, Bill Notfaded <notf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Today I received some new tubes that are different and I couldn't find any datasheet for them. They are Burroughs nixie B-54364

Now if only we had we had an Arduino shield for them...

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

martin martin

Apr 26, 2019, 10:38:23 PM4/26/19
to neonixie-l
I think those are the ones I have a box more than 100 of em!

I can send more out if someone wants

Bill Notfaded

Apr 26, 2019, 10:40:56 PM4/26/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
They're kinda unique.  A little like the elevator nixies with two sides inside.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "neonixie-l" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/CAKYv7NR-5QmaXn4yr538yxupfQ1HLr%2BUUf24f1CkFxWdA414sA%40mail.gmail.com.

GastonP

Apr 27, 2019, 11:44:43 AM4/27/19
to neonixie-l
I find strange that they don't have a omega symbol and an A and a V too in the right position.
As it is, is useful only in frequecy counters/period meters, while if it had an omega (ohm symbol), and a capital A and V, its market could have been much bigger.