trading nixies?

SWISSNIXIE - Jonathan F.

Jun 5, 2017, 4:55:32 AM6/5/17
to neonixie-l

Hello

All collectors know the feeling when there is a type for sale they don't have in their collection. Many times, tubes are offered in too small or too large lots to build anything usefull out of it.
I'm collecting tubes since 2 years and got many auctions with 3 or 8 tubes or something like this. These tubes stay in the shelf beside my collection and are "just there" without a purpose.

Maybe some of you are collecting tubes too, and have the same problem, and maybe like to exchange?.

Find my current list what i can offer for a trade

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FsNLkjYYMRWhIYlEbgUJSa0MZem0uMqQ5jxWjxBVXWg/edit?usp=sharing

(will update from time to time)

I will not sell them ! My goal is to trade the tubes for other types that are not in my collection, the link to my collection can be found in the file.

If you see one you like, please answer here with a tube you offer.

Paul Andrews

Jun 5, 2017, 7:25:55 AM6/5/17
to neonixie-l
I only have a small collection, but I'll put together a trade list. Chances are that you have everything I would be willing to trade, but others might want to trade some of them.

Paul Andrews

Jun 5, 2017, 1:48:37 PM6/5/17
to neonixie-l
This is my list. I can't vouch for whether they are NOS or used (except where noted), but they are all clean and work:

122P224, 2
B5442, 2, NOS
B5750S, 1
B5855S, 2
B5870ST, 1
CD80-P, 8, used
LC-531, 2 used

Plus I have surplus IN-12 NOS and IN-14 used

Alic

Jun 6, 2017, 12:05:00 PM6/6/17
to neonixie-l
Excellent idea!
I'll put together a trade list as well.

Terry S

Jun 6, 2017, 12:45:23 PM6/6/17
to neonixie-l
As will I, I have some nixies, numitrons, VFDs, and some rare early HP 7 segment displays available as well.
I am seeking a Pandicon and IN-17s.

Terry

Alic

Jun 8, 2017, 9:01:41 AM6/8/17
to neonixie-l
I have these I want to trade :

6x NL-807 NOS
6x NL-821 NOS
3x National Union NUP 102 NIB
7x Rodan CD24 NIB
1x NL-8091 NOS
10x Nanchang (?) QS18-12 NIB (boxes of 5)
6x B5441 A (round top) NIB
+2x NOS
10x Philips ZM1080 NIB
8x B6091 NOS
6x Richardson NL-8423 (black markings National) NIB
3x CSF F9057 NOS
4x Mullard ZM1230/ZM1232 (?) without markings or with red coating removed NOS
1x Rodan GR-211 used
4x NEC LD955 A NOS
2x B7032 used (with more or less silvering)
4x NL-5445 NIB
2x NL-902 no markings NOS
3x NL-1206 NIB
4x Thomson-CSF TAF1093A NOS
3x B5560 : 1x NIB, 1x slightly used in original box, 1x used without markings.
2x NL-820 NIB
2x NL-874 NIB
4x ZM1210 slightly used

I'm looking for nixies with digits taller than 20mm except IN-18, ZM1040/42, Z566(0)m and LC-631
Or that start with "GR" or "CD".

Terry S

Jun 11, 2017, 10:09:22 PM6/11/17
to neonixie-l
I had 5 minutes to look thru my tubes.

I found :
a handful of DT1704 type VFD tubes, Some labeled Flurotrons.
DR2000 numitrons RCA
DA2110 numitrons Apollo
60 HP LED displays -- with built in decoders --5082-7331
Mostek MK50250 clock chips
a clock display with 6 Burroughs large-is nixie tubes, the display is in a metal housing, rack mount, labeled hours, minutes, seconds. Ask for a pic.
Some symbol tubes, from a multimeter
Some smaller Burroughs, Mullard,, and Rodan tubes
A bunch of IN-12 and IN-18, a couple 7971s.
More I'm certain.

Terry

Terry S

Jun 12, 2017, 10:02:01 AM6/12/17
to neonixie-l
Also just reminded myself I have a NOS 5BP1 CRT lurking. I'd like to build a scope clock with it, but it's a monster tube, and I have yet to find a kit for it.
Open to suggestions on that.

Nicholas Stock

Jun 12, 2017, 10:18:17 AM6/12/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Terry,

Grahame's SCDue kit will drive a 5BP1 nicely...

http://www.sgitheach.org.uk/scope3.html

Nick

Terry S

Jun 12, 2017, 10:34:13 PM6/12/17
to neonixie-l

Here is a comprehensive list:

Counter board with 7 B5859S Burroughs tubes, (7) 7490s, (7) 7475s, (7) 7441s
Display LED board w 12 large 7 segment LEDs, socketed, FND500 marked, nice,  "clock MB assy" + 4 spares
11 HP HDSP-5303 LED, 7 seg, likely pin compatible w above, and 4 more on another board w logic
Allen Bradley neon lamp kit, 4 bulbs & 4 resistors, pn 800A-N110 4 kits (small socketed neons)
3 MM5316 clock chips, status unknown
3 Mostek MK50250, in sockets no esd foam or bag
bag of several NE-2s with resistors labeled 115V
8 DR2000 RCA large numitrons
18 Apollo DA2110 small numitrons, some NOS
Itron -- 2 - DG12 7 seg & 2 - DG19 (0,1,+,-) VFDs
4 russian VFDs, NB-6, 7 seg w dp (IV-6?)
4 russian VFDs, NB-4, 16 seg w 2 dp (IV-4?)
6 Hobart VFDs, like DT1704s but Sylvania Flurotrons NOS, plus (1) 1/4lb & (1) 1/2lb tube (Hobart scale spares)
misc sockets for DT1704s
4 blue Y1938 VFDs, status unk
4 Tung Sol DT1704 plus 1 DT1707 (+/-1)
6 Burroughs & National B50325 symbol tubes for multimeter
2 more Burroughs nixies like the 6 in clock rack (Rack is 14.5")
16 IN-12 NOS
3 Hitachi CD81
1 Mullard ZM1001 symbol X Y Z + - Sinewave
7 Burroughs B5750 used (Fluke meter)
1 National NL8422/5991

I have pictures of most, ask if you'd like, I may upload to the files section.
Would like to sell in good size lots. Unless you have a Pandicon, IN-18s, or IN-17s, I'm really only interested in selling for mere paper dollars, and only stateside.

Terry

Nicholas Stock

Jun 13, 2017, 1:03:38 AM6/13/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I'm putting a list together also, but it's taking time. However, I found a small stash of PinLite MD-650 incandescent displays....anybody interested? Would make a very cute little numitron style clock, heck, these things are small enough you could make a 4 digit watch with them too...

Nick

Terry S

Jun 13, 2017, 8:01:49 AM6/13/17
to neonixie-l
Thanks Nick, but at $500 USD it's a tad rich for me. Neat clock, I think Grahame may have instilled a bit of feature creep!

Terry S

Jun 13, 2017, 9:05:57 AM6/13/17
to neonixie-l
Also the HP displays are still available -- all 60 of them, really neat easy to use parts. Direct interface to TTL, or Arduino.

Clarification on the Hobart tubes,  ONE tube has the 1/4 lb & 1/2 lb symbols. Not 2 separate tubes.

AND I have a spare ROLLING ROCK lighted tap handle, looks like a large 2 digit nixie tube, displays "33". It has a tilt switch that causes the tube to flicker green for about 30 seconds when tilted. I have only the top part that looks like a tube, not the entire tap handle. I replaced the problematic ball tilt switch with a small mercury switch, it works great. Display it alongside your nixies, very cool.  I don't have a photo handy but can grab one tonight. Exactly like a small version of my neon sign "33" tube" :

And I would gladly sell the 5BP1. NOS military, in the original box.

Terry

Grahame

Jun 13, 2017, 9:09:36 AM6/13/17
to 'Terry S' via neonixie-l

Terry

I prefer to think it is feature "rich" ;^)

I have worked on a stripped down, lower cost version, but the savings are not that great. The next iteration of the full clock will be more option friendly than the current kit but circle drawing graphics comes at a price.

Grahame

Nicholas Stock

Jun 13, 2017, 10:42:00 AM6/13/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
There are certainly many many features...you can even program your own clock faces...it's almost a scope clock development tool! Given the cost of some nixie clocks, I'd say 500 US for the kit is a very reasonable cost, but each to their own.

Cheers,

Nick (the Pharma one..)

Terry S

Jun 13, 2017, 3:32:58 PM6/13/17
to neonixie-l
I don't question that it's a good value. Just out of my range. Now if I sell a few items off my list.....

Nicholas Stock

Jun 14, 2017, 12:29:09 AM6/14/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I've finished having a rummage and here's the list of stuff I'd like to trade/sell/whatever...

Pin-Lite MD-650 72

Pin-Lite DIP105 13

DL5078 (7 segment LED) 21

DR2130 Sleeve of 5

DR2100 1

DR2230 Sleeve of 5, 2 loose

DR2020 1

NL843 4 (in boxes), 2 used

NL5750 1

Z521M (Mullard) 1

B-5999 1

ZM1031 1

NUP-102 1

NL867 1

XN11 4 (used), 2 NOS

B5870S5 7

NL5750 2

340-0010 (Wang Labs) 1

B5853-S1 2

B5856-S 1

340-0011 (Wang Labs) 1

B5750 6

B5755R 1

B5560 4

All the nixies have gas, but I haven't tested functionality. If you want pictures of any or any questions then please PM me.

Cheers,

Nick

Thomas Kummer

Feb 1, 2019, 11:16:02 PM2/1/19
to neonixie-l
I’m really looking for an NL-821.

What I can trade.
(1) CD-25
(1) B-6032 (version without black sleeve)
(30+) B-6091 / NL-8423.

MarekB

Feb 2, 2019, 12:49:33 PM2/2/19
to neonixie-l
I would also like to trade nixie tubes. My short trade list:
ZM1000 - NOS
ZM1010 - rare, very original nixie (NIB)
ZM1042 - big digit, NIB Siemens
B54364 - rare NOS
LC511 - NIB
LC513 - NIB
LC513A - NIB
LC531 - NIB
LL561 - NIB
LD955A
IN1 - NIB
IN8-1 - very rare (known only 8 tubes, I`ve 7 of them)
XN11 - NOS
ZM1120
917-7009
and others.
If you are interested please write to ma...@hm.pl
Marek

Tyler Bourne

Feb 7, 2019, 9:49:02 PM2/7/19
to neonixie-l

I have a few misc. Nixies and Numitrons, Got a bunch in a lot and these are the odd ones out.
Nixies:
B-7009 x1 - Used in box so UIB I guess?
B5750 x1 - NIB
ZM1000 x1 - NOS
NL8422 x1 - Used
Another like a 8422 but missing it's markings and slightly differently built x1 - Used
KS-19944 x1 - Used, Same as 8422, Its definitely used since there is some very slight darkening of the glass, still very usable though. (Technically in it's original box but the box is nasty)
NL840 x2 - Used (Wang Labs 340-0004)
B-5440A - Used? (Might be NOS) Still on driver board B&S 200-100-628-A
B-5442A - Used? (Might be NOS) + - symbol tube Still on driver board B&S 200-100-627-A
B5031 x2 - Used (Hard to determine, Markings on tubes nearly worn off when I got them)
NL5092 x1 -used (Hard to determine, Markings on tubes nearly worn off when I got it)
B-54364 x5 - NOS (Odd dual symbol tube)

Numitrons:
RCA DR2010 x3 -  2 Used, 1 NIB (Haven't tested them yet but look good)

Nixie Sockets:
Burroughs BIPCO BIP8211P x1 - Used
Burroughs BIPCO BIP8804-1 x1 - Used
Burroughs socket for 8422 nixie x1 - Used
Tec Lite TNR-70 A (Transistor Electronics Corp) x1 - Used