GI-10 Inditrons

Nicholas Stock

Aug 25, 2018, 1:53:36 PM8/25/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I have 2 GI-10 'inditron' type nixie tubes...they have gas but due to the different way these nixies work (no anode mesh) I am currently unable to test them....they look unused. If you're interested then please PM me and we can haggle...;-) Not looking for current prices at all...

Cheers,

(Pharma) Nick

Jens Boos

Aug 25, 2018, 6:01:57 PM8/25/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com, Nicholas Stock
You can just use the other unused cathodes, in parallel, as the anode. Cheers, Jens

Nicholas Stock <nick...@gmail.com> hat am 25. August 2018 um 19:53 geschrieben:

I have 2 GI-10 'inditron' type nixie tubes...they have gas but due to the different way these nixies work (no anode mesh) I am currently unable to test them....they look unused. If you're interested then please PM me and we can haggle...;-) Not looking for current prices at all...

Cheers,

(Pharma) Nick

threeneurons

Aug 30, 2018, 5:36:06 AM8/30/18
to neonixie-l
Tie all the cathodes to B+, thru 10 individual resistors. 10x 100K, is a good start. To select a cathode, ground that particular lead. The other cathodes will provide the anode current. 100K / 9 = ~11K. For testing that's fine. Maybe a little too hot for continuous operation. I think 1mA is a good run value.

Dieter has the datasheet:

It shows 330K resistors used, but that's with a test supply that can exceed 300V. Also note the diodes in that circuit are backwards.

Strike voltage looks to be 180V worse case. Sustain voltage: 135V nominally. Operating current between 0.6 to 1.4mA.

Nicholas Stock

Sep 6, 2018, 8:18:12 PM9/6/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much for the test details.....tubes have gone to a new home where someone else may appreciate them more...;-)

Cheers,

(Pharma) Nick