Steampunk Nixie tube clock: The electronics are up and running

jf...@my-deja.com

Sep 14, 2016, 1:45:02 PM9/14/16
to neonixie-l

jb-electronics

Sep 14, 2016, 1:53:33 PM9/14/16
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, that is our own Dalibor Farny at work :) He has been a member here for quite a while. Check him out: https://www.facebook.com/daliborfarnycom/

Cheers
Jens

On 9/14/2016 11:45 AM, 'jf...@my-deja.com' via neonixie-l wrote:

Nicholas Stock

Sep 14, 2016, 1:55:57 PM9/14/16
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
They're Dalibor's tubes running on a PV electronics kit....I do like the copper anodes and mesh....very nice look to it.

gregebert

Sep 14, 2016, 3:08:04 PM9/14/16
to neonixie-l
Curious how many hours Dalibor spends building each tube.

Roddy Scott

Sep 15, 2016, 12:53:29 PM9/15/16
to neonixie-l
The copper versions took him a lot of development to get right and I think that Paul Parry was involved in the instigation of them for his 'Wilson' robot clock, a steampunk creation of a different sort.

When you think that Dalibor went from building an art project to be the builder of the finest quality Nixies available, that is some achievment!

They are fantastic looking Nixies and Pete's kit is a good base to create a project on. I had a mail from Dalibor where he was explaining the delay in his own kit being finalised and that should match the quality of his tubes, no doubt.

I am still in the process of trying to squirrel away enough beer tokens to get a set for myself!

Hope to see the final clock when you get it ready. Good luck with the project.