Shady ZM568M listings

Manuel Azevedo

Apr 22, 2018, 8:27:41 AM4/22/18
to neonixie-l
Hi guys,

Please pay attention to listings like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-nixie-tube-clock-Z5680M/163008809340

They can lead you to think it’s a sale of a full ZM568M clock, when they are only selling one tube only.

Manel

John Rehwinkel

Apr 22, 2018, 11:13:24 AM4/22/18
to 'Grahame' via neonixie-l
Also, cathodes 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9 are poisoned.

- John

Robert L

Apr 22, 2018, 12:49:37 PM4/22/18
to neonixie-l
Hi folks,

I made a mistake and bought what I thought was a 6 tube clock from this seller at around 4:30 am this morning... and requested that seller cancel my purchase a few minutes later when I realized MY mistake... Auction was for one tube only...

Note that this was a different auction, but from the same seller...

Seller promptly cancelled the transaction, my mistake rectified, all funds restored... I have no problem or complaint with how the seller responded to my error. I'd leave strong positive feedback if I had the option.

Lessons on my side... not all new...

1) If it seems too good to be true...
2) Read carefully and wait at least 20 minutes before bidding between the hours of 23:00 and 06:00...
3) A non-English speaking seller or possible language issues? Maybe wait 30 minutes...

My thanks to the seller for his understanding and for the prompt cancellation. My apologies to the seller for costing him time and (hopefully not too much) aggravation!

Best regards,
Bob

Nicholas Stock

Apr 22, 2018, 1:05:37 PM4/22/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I've purchased from this seller before and the transactions have always been good. It's probably a language issue as he is located in Slovakia...

Nick

Manuel Azevedo

Apr 22, 2018, 1:28:22 PM4/22/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Nick and Bob

I just mentioned the listings look shady and they can lead to error (they led to, in Bob’s case).

I saw the seller’s ratings and seems to be serious – but these listings are odd at best.

I concede it could be a language issue, but there are all the signs for ambiguity there, hence the alarm – unfortunately Bob was caught in it, fortunately, no harm done.

Glad that nobody got scammed.

Manel

Robert L

Apr 22, 2018, 1:41:41 PM4/22/18
to neonixie-l
I'll add to the three lessons I posed in my response above...  Ask your questions of the seller before bidding! Make sure there's no ambiguity.

There were enough flags in the listing for me to have been more careful... Could the seller have had a better phrasing in their listing? Sure... Could I have been a bit more careful? Definitely!

I'm going to stick with "benefit of the doubt".

On with Sunday and Fusion360...

Best regards,
Bob

Grahame

Apr 22, 2018, 2:15:05 PM4/22/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

<hijack>

Yeah, Fusion 360...

<rant>Why can't we have the Fusion 360 licencing with Eagle?</rant>

</hijack>

;^) Grahame

Alic

Apr 23, 2018, 3:28:36 PM4/23/18
to neonixie-l
The seller used exactly the same photo for all six tubes in another auction before. eBay sellers get lazier every year.

My advice:
Ask for more photos! Always. Even for NIB tubes (if the box has already been opened).

Message has been deleted

Robert L

Apr 25, 2018, 11:24:43 AM4/25/18
to neonixie-l
OK... Becomming a bit less willing to extend the benefit of the doubt...

Seller has re-listed the remaining tube with pretty much the same questionable working... He ignored my suggested changes...

To bad...

John Smout

Apr 25, 2018, 3:32:54 PM4/25/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
https://www.musicdirect.com/cables/nordost-tyr-2-usb-a-b-10m
If this is a USB 2.0 printer cable for $1,899.00 then how much is their USB 3.0 version I wonder?

https://www.musicdirect.com/cables/nordost-tyr-2-speaker-cables-pr
Speaker cables at $7,699.99 for 3m seems high also.

John S

Dylan Distasio

Apr 25, 2018, 3:45:10 PM4/25/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
And I thought Monster Cable was overpriced!