Re: Sale a big VFD tubes ILC1-1/8L

Nick

Jul 13, 2012, 8:02:17 AM7/13/12
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oleg - Welcome to the group....

Just a note for the future record, we don't encourage too much direct advertising from commercial vendors. However, the occasional pointer to interesting items is always welcome!

Thanks

Nick

On Friday, 13 July 2012 12:49:29 UTC+1, Oleg wrote:

Hi all!

I sell a big big VFD tubes ILC1-1/8L. All details here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190699753468

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200791516868

Welcome!

Kind regards,

Oleg

kay486

Jul 13, 2012, 8:19:51 AM7/13/12
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
 What clock is that in the top images?

Dan Harboe Burer

Jul 13, 2012, 9:39:18 AM7/13/12
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
He's selling that clock from his ebay shop - I have just located it there..

Dan

Dylan Distasio

Jul 13, 2012, 10:01:14 AM7/13/12
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
According to a link from Terry's blog, it looks like it is an Elektronika sold under the Vesta brand name:

B Otto

Jul 15, 2012, 7:35:33 AM7/15/12
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Although I've never been able to work out a display tube deal with Oleg, I have purchased high voltage electronic components through his eBay store before. My transactions have always been smooth and my packages arrived quicker than others from that part of the world.

-otto

gregebert

Dec 21, 2018, 1:19:17 AM12/21/18
to neonixie-l
I just bought 7 of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-ILC1-1-8L-Giant-Big-VFD-Display-Tube-Nixie-Clock/192764920216?hash=item2ce1af4198:g:VdcAAOSwjodZ7hQR:rk:1:pf:0
for yet another future clock project.

Has anyone here built a device with these ? I couldn't resist the $10 USD price for a display that's almost 100mm tall.
I'm curious about their longevity (or lack thereof)

jf...@my-deja.com

Dec 21, 2018, 9:44:29 AM12/21/18
to neonixie-l
I don't know about these specific devices, but I have a commercial (Lloyd's) clock radio with VFD digits, and it has been running continuously for at least 30 years (maybe 40).  YMMV.