IV-17 FLW clock.

Thomas Kummer

Jan 22, 2019, 10:28:36 AM1/22/19
to neonixie-l
Does anyone know where I can buy a kit, or a pre-made IV-17 FLW clock. I’ve been looking all over and can’t find anything.

Nicholas Stock

Jan 22, 2019, 10:40:42 AM1/22/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 7:28 AM Thomas Kummer <tmkumm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy a kit, or a pre-made IV-17 FLW clock. I’ve been looking all over and can’t find anything.

Thomas Kummer

Jan 22, 2019, 11:03:05 AM1/22/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
They're sold out :(

petehand

Jan 23, 2019, 3:09:54 AM1/23/19
to neonixie-l
Yes - I make them. I haven't made any for six months now but I started assembling some more this week. I'll announce it here when they're done.

Thomas Kummer

Jan 23, 2019, 3:32:48 AM1/23/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Pete, can I upload a custom font for the digits onto it?

Thomas Kummer

Jan 23, 2019, 3:44:29 AM1/23/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I'd also be completely okay with assembling one myself. Heck, you could just send me a PCB with a BOM, and I could make one, as long as you sent a programmed micro-controller with it.

petehand

Jan 24, 2019, 4:21:49 AM1/24/19
to neonixie-l
No. You can't upload anything onto it. But if you send me the number font I'll consider programming it in.

Thomas Kummer

Jan 24, 2019, 6:01:56 AM1/24/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

image1.jpeg
Sent from my iPhone

Bill van Dijk

Jan 25, 2019, 10:06:19 AM1/25/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Here are a couple of pics (low quality) of my IV-17 clock. It runs in 24Hr mode in these pictures, it then switches to a marquee mode displaying the month / day etc., and also a room temperature display. Power is from a custom wound transformer. This is prototype 1, and Version 2 is ready for board order. Version one had a couple of issues such as occasionally FET lockup in the power supply, as well as using a real time clock chip with battery backup.

Bill