Supertex HV* library for Diptrace or Eagle?

Mitch

Apr 14, 2015, 1:00:35 PM4/14/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know if these libraries exist? I've searched and haven't found anything. I'm looking for the HV5530, HV5812, and HV5523.

Thanks.
Mitch

Bill van Dijk

Apr 14, 2015, 3:22:29 PM4/14/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mitch,

I do not have that part in my library, but since it comes in two standards packages (44 pin PLCC or PQFP) it is easy to find another part with that foot print. Copy the symbol and package in your personal library, edit as required, and create a new device from these two. Should not take more than 30 minutes (Eagle Cad).

Cheers,

Mitch

Apr 14, 2015, 4:00:12 PM4/14/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Bill. That's what I will do.

Mitch

zac

Apr 15, 2015, 12:54:42 AM4/15/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I made one in diptrace for the HV5622, and can upload if you would like.

Mitch

Apr 15, 2015, 7:58:07 AM4/15/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
That would be great! Thank you.

Mitch

zac

Apr 15, 2015, 3:09:28 PM4/15/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
See attached. I think everything you need is there, but if not, let me know. I haven't done much exporting from diptrace.
my components.asc

Mitch

Apr 15, 2015, 10:03:48 PM4/15/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. Import worked fine. I need the PLCC version, but changing the pattern should not be a problem.

Mitch

threeneurons

Apr 16, 2015, 1:15:34 PM4/16/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Are you going to put that PLCC into a socket, or solder it directly to the PCB. You can get thru-hole sockets for PLCCs. The sockets, then have pins on a 0.1" center grid.

If directly soldered, I prefer the QFP over the PLCC. Yes, the pitch is narrower (0.031" versus 0.050"), but the PLCC pins curl under the chip. Recently, I made a circuit, that uses those old style 7-segment LCDs, like those found on DVMs. National (now TI) makes a 32-segment driver for it, but it only comes in a 40-pin DIP, or 44-pin PLCC. I didn't like either, so I programmed a mega8515 to mimic it. Difference, used the serial port (1 IO vs 2), and 44-pin TQFP.

Mitch

Apr 17, 2015, 6:52:42 AM4/17/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I will socket the chips because with lack of experience, I have no doubt that many chips will be sacrificed before this actually works.

I found a pattern for the PLCC socket so at this point I should be able to add the HV5522 to the Diptrace library without problems. I need three chips for this project, which will use seven nixies.

Mitch

threeneurons

Apr 18, 2015, 1:25:24 PM4/18/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
They have them at Mouser. Part # 806-PX-44LCC
Here's the data sheet:

It doesn't show the grid pinout. I'd suggest you buy the sockets first, and ohm out the pin out, yourself. I used sockets like this, from Mill-Max, over 20 years ago. They can have at least two patterns, for the same package. Mill-Max listed them as two separate part numbers. Once you have your pinout, you'll have to enter it, as a new part, in your library.

If you ask just for it as the IC, people may provide you a footprint, as an unsocketed PLCC, or QFP. Neither, of which, you really want. You want the pattern, for the socketed part, which will be dependent on the socket you get.

Unfortunately, I can provide neither. I use a very old copy of OrCad, and I've never used this chip. I have used thru-hole socketed PLCCs. I have OrCad library patterns for a MACH210. Good luck tracking down, that chip. Built a whole clock, just with that one chip ! LED, not Nixie.

Mitch

Apr 19, 2015, 9:13:48 AM4/19/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Attached are HV5122 and Z570M series parts for Diptrace. The HV5122 pattern is a PLC44 socket. Both were made from existing parts. I have no idea how close there are, but sooner or later I'll find out. The nixie pattern is one layer. I'm not sure if that's the best way to do it.
Nixie.asc